Any current recommendations for a local domestic cleaner?

edited April 2014 in Local discussion
Hello all. I'm newly invited here, so I hope I'm not already breaking any rules or making an inappropriate post, but if not, I'm hoping someone can help me find a reliable local cleaner for a couple of hour's domestic work a week?<br>

Comments

• If you are on Twitter then Serena aka @_FreshAsADaisy is damn good.
  • edited April 2014
    thanks chunky. i'm aware of them but haven't used them before. <br><br>there's an issue for me with a using a cleaning company, in that by the time they take their cut, the poor cleaners are only just above the minimum wage and definitely below the london living wage.<br><br>i'd rather pay an individual directly for this sort of work.<br><br>thanks for the suggestion though.<br><br>any other recommendations anyone?<br>
  • Admirable stance Rikki.
  • Very admirable indeed but following our last cleaner stealing lads of shit from us the decision to go through a company who have built up a great reputation for reliability and quality of service (which they won't want to jeopardise) on Twitter and properly vet all of their cleaners was a no brainer.
  • We got someone from hassle.com for a one-off cleaning. They charge £10/hr, £9 of which goes to the cleaner.<br>
  • I found a local cleaner by recommendation from this forum who is very good. PM me for details