28 Weeks Later

edited April 2007 in Local discussion
Seen some promotional shots for <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_Weeks_Later">28 Weeks Later</a>. Look at <a href="http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/photos/28weekslater/28weekslater1.gif">this picture</a>...That's up by Crouch Hill innit? Does anyone remember it being filmed? What's with this area and zombie films?

Comments

• edited 2:55AM
    Yes it's about 30 seconds walk from the Old Dairy ... opposite Japan Cresent
    Yep, half way to my road.
    that's an ace spot.
  • edited April 2007
    Woo exciting stuff. Obviously what <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulhammond/257284051/">this</a> was about back in October on Flickr too. There was me thinking it was just an average Sunday morning on Crouch Hill. The first one was dead scary, can't wait for this one.
    I'm not going to expect much. The plot line sounds (ironically) hackneyed.
    Strange timing. I only saw the first one last week. So all very fresh in my mind. Although entirely different plots and stuff, I think for scenes of a chaotic London and the country falling apart Children of Men was far better.
    A good but pretty grim film, Children of Men.
    Ahh, so that what it was. I got held in traffic when they were filming. Basically seemed to comprise of some kids running like buggery down a post-apocalyptic road, with an upside down car for good measure.
    yeah i live just near the noble and saw it being filmed, they had the whole street blocked off it must have been last august.
    made a right nmess of the place as well, they woke me up at about 3 in the mornibg bringing in an old crashed car to turn upside down. should be a good movie
    Well I went to see it. Not too bad and there is a good little section involving stroud green
    @Ewan, does that section involve looking for a plumber?
  • edited May 2007
    Blimey, used to live there. Good old Crouch Hill. Stilll, looks like they've cleaned it up for the picture. Doesn't the chap in the image stand outside the second-hand furniture shop drinking Bastard Strength horse-piss lager?
    He's still there!
    I went to see this yesterday and walked out after an hour - it was just too much like a massive, very loud panic attack, really horriffic. How many rs and fs are there in horriffic?

Anyway managed to see the SGR/Crouchers bit which was exciting; although in the film it's made out to be somewhere near Isle of Dogs.

On the way home we walked through Finsbury Park and saw Mutya filming a video. It's the new Carnaby Street!
    ha. no they weren't looking for a plumber just paper bags to hand to members of the audience having panic attacks.

wow, munter was filming a video. not sure if that is a good or bad thing as she might be trying to project a 'ghetto' image.
  • edited May 2007
    They were all at the CE lido a few years ago, their video for Stronger was filmed there. I'd post the video like the rest of you do but I don't have a scoubidou. I like Mutya, but she smiled in her last video and it was a little disconcerting.
    she can smile?
    tosscat, copy paste the "embed" code from youTube (if that's where it is) and then make sure "Format comment as" below is set the HTML. voila.