Spelt flour and spelt bread?

edited May 2014 in Local discussion
Hi, everyone.<div><br></div><div>Anyone know where to get those in SG? </div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hi Stella -- <br>I think Dunn's might have spelt bread, but not certain. <br><br>Not SG but at Brent Cross Shopping Centre (end of the line 210 bus) there's a bread stall that sells Spelt bread and you may know this already but a branch of Kamp's <span class="st">Bäckerei </span>opened on Tottenham Court Road (across the street from and down a bit from Warren Street tube).<br><br>As for spelt flour, the only place I can think of that may have it is Lidl's or the big Sainsbury's on Green Lanes. Also, there are a couple of Polish delis/shops on Green Lanes that may have it.<br>
  • Yes, Dunn' s in Crouch End sell spelt bread. I thought Waitrose and big Sainsburys both did spelt flour but could be wrong. Try Organic Stall on Hornsey Rd too.
  • Thank you, guys, will check them out. I also heard that Wholefood in Church St. sells spelt bread.
  • @Stella - you may be bankrupt after shopping in Wholefood. Its so expensive there
  • I will be ordering some this week lots of people have been asking for it. Should have it towards the end of the week.
  • edited May 2014
    Not so much of use for me, I'm afraid. The reason I asked is that my friend is coming over on Wednesday and she's on a special diet for the time being. It's not that she's absolutely religious about that, but I thought it would be nice to have spelt bread for her and she asked if I could make her blueberry banana pancakes and said spelt flour can be used just as normal flour. Wouldn't go astray with me either to change to something healthier. 
  • The Haelan Centre in Crouch End do spelt bread and I am sure they will also sell spelt flour.
  • Okay, thank you. I'll pay Dunn's a visit on Tuesday. 
  • Just spotted Spelt flour (and rye flour) in Tesco about ten minutes ago. In the home baking aisle, with the other flours, near the bottom. Dark grey packet, £1.99. There were only two packets left!
  • Which should be zero now. lol
  • In fact they're back and I got a packet. Wednesday pancakes are herewith safe. Bread to be bought on Wednesday. 
  • Should you want some, the health food shop on stroud green road also stocks spelt pasta - a much better substitute that the funny corn stuff for those who don't eat wheat.