Finsbury "Stalag Luft Colditz" Park

edited May 2014 in Local discussion
If you want a rubbish start to the weekend, head on up to the park!

Comments

• Thanks Haringey!  Any councillors heading up for a picnic today?
  • What dion said. Hear the amenity-loss klaxon ...
  • And a week before the event! Lorries trucks JCBs everywhere.
  • Very noisy too just like a building site
  • The grass in places still hasn't recovered from last summer's concerts, so come Autumn it's sure to be ghastly. Still, I guess the council can claim they're joining in the Great War centenary commemoration by replacing that silly old park with a replica Somme.
  • edited May 2014
    It looks appalling just a cash cow and the council don't give a shit about the local residents. I hope that they get voted out of office but I have more chance of becoming Pope than that happening. They don't listen to the local residents and have a 'we know better' attitude. Bunch of tossers.
  • edited May 2014
    update on the arrangements posted on a local councillor's website: http://www.richardwilson.me.uk/tag/finsbury-park/ Seems to me that we (the locals) have been royally s*at upon by Labour councillors!
  • Interesting that at least one of the SG Labour candidates agrees with that asessment, based on their comments at the hustings.
  • Dear god alive, it's massive isn't it! Bigger than Stone Roses site. I am mightily glad I don't live near the park.
  • And what was that comment, Ben?
  • Nice upset pointing councillor double bill shot there.<br><br>How much of the park have they shut? <br><br>I'm going to the Arctic Monkeys and Outkast and went to the Stone Roses, but I still think this commandeering of the park for gigs is trashing the place for very little obvious benefit and payback.<br><br>I certainly haven't noticed any improvements, extra cleanliness, sprucing up, maintenance schedule to keep grass fresh etc over the past year.<br><br>I think any profit on these gigs should be being ploughed back in to bringing the park up to the highest standards. I love Finsbury Park, but it currently compares poorly to Clissold, for example, in terms of upkeep, standard of facilities.<br>
  • @papa. Friends of Finsbury park will tell you very little revenue generated by the park has been reinvested in the park. Profit has gone in to council black holes.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's a shame as FInsbury Park could be so much nicer - it's topologically interesting and also is quite diverse.  It's also incredibly popular, I agree about the poor state. I wonder what the Islington and Hackney position on the park is.<div><br></div><div>Haringey are so flipping useless..</div>
  • They should give it over to Islington, they are quite good at open spaces. There is precedent for disorganised bankrupt councils handing over their parks to other councils to manage.
  • or give it to Hackney. Agree that Clissold Park is looking quite nice these days.
  • Stroud Green School has been "protected" by the concert promotors  - it has been  wrapped in plastic !!
  • Give it to corporation of London. No gigs , yobs and more flowers .
  • I enjoyed it, but I didn't vote labour. The guilt is manageable.