Angel's Café

edited April 2007 in Local discussion
This morning. walking past the under-refurb caff down by all the wig shops, I noticed a couple of signs on said caff window - under new management, Angel's Café opening soon. Could it be that Angel's Kitchen is upgrading? And there was the waffle stand thinking it had WON pahahaha. Er.

Also, I notice the Greek place that used to be the bakery looks to be open now, anyone been in yet? It's really big inside! Looked a bit soulless though, maybe because it was empty.

Comments

• edited 3:40PM
    Yup, I noticed that Angel's cafe sign this morning too and wondered that very same thing.
    Really soulless I thought, they could do with some plants/soft furnishings or something. It looks like it's still being built.
    "Symposium" is looking for waiting staff... you know you want to.
  • IanIan
    edited 3:40PM
    I was going to try the Greek place the night of my Petek disaster. Looks nice but I worry that they will struggle unless they can get enough people to look like a crowd.
    Ian, I didn't realise it was a "Petek disaster" - I'm sure they'd be heartbroken if they knew.
  • IanIan
    edited 3:40PM
    I didn't want to hurt their feelings with my overdramatisation. Can I amend that to "Petek not fully satisfactory experience"
    Just thought I'd say I've had great meals at Petek, Old Dairy and Noble all in the last week _(kitchen is a bit out of action right now)_ - I feel like the recent rejuvination of a few places has brought about a general rise in quality, almost like they're upping their games to compete. yippee!
    Anybody tried Angel's Cafe yet?
    Matt - no - it hasn't been very busy either from what I can make out. My chap went in there during its first week open and said it was standard greasy spoon stuff. I like their pink tshirts though!