Mezabhan closed down

2»

Comments

• @Trainspotter - do you mean the Lebanese cafe opposite to the Park theatre? I have never eaten there but sounds like the falafel wrap is worth trying
  • Yes that one.  I hadn't really noticed it before this week but it sells samosas so I popped in given Mezbahn was shut and saw the homemade falafel on the counter that looked tasty - and it was.
  • @trainspotter. Thanks for the recommendation. I keep meaning to go in there but I will now. Kruzekav will be happy as he is looking for a new local source of samosas
  • Oddly enough it was only yesterday I noticed the sign saying the place was Lebanese.  Not sure if it's a new sign. O went into it a few months ago to check out the somosas and they were £2.  I thought I'll keep to Mezzbahn but maybe now Mezzbahn has gone I'll check it out again.  I think they've revamped the place.
  • Afraid I haven't actually tried the samosas so no idea if they're any good but noticed they are now £1.50.  The falafel is good.
  • From the ashes of the Tandoor arises a Spanish phoenix called Tierra. Licensing has been agreed and I think it's owned by the same guys who have La Bota and that one off Wightman Road. I was very sorry to see Mezbaan go but here's hoping....
  • La Bota once served my nut-allergic friend nutella when he ordered a chocolate crepe.  My friend explained that this was an error, indeed a potentially fatal one, and that they are obliged to mention when something on the menu may contain nuts.  They simply told him that it was his fault for not mentioning his condition in advance, and did not offer a refund.
  • Oh dear that's not good....I can't imagine such a dreadful thing happening at the glorious Bar Estoban the only other Spanish I know in the area. Maybe it's to much to hope that the new offering will match its quality.
  • To be absolutely fair to La Bota I would assume a chocolate crepe was nutella tbh.  Certainly in France it would be.  Doesn't excuse their rude response mind and glad your friend is OK. Is it La Bota the new place is connected to then or the one on Hornsey High Street (Pradera?) that was mentioned further up the thread?
  • I searched for the name of the licencee and it came up with Pradera, so there'd seem to be a connection there. He could be involved in La Bota too though.
  • According to companies house the owner of Pradera also owns La Bota.  They seem to be moving quite slowly with the fit out of the new restaurant.<br>