Greetings from new Stroud Green ward councillor

2»

Comments

• Tim. Have you had anything to do with the event in the park this weekend? It has been nightmareish. For the first time, the whole borough seems to have been affected. Please read the thread headed Park Gates. Am I right in thinking we can expect 16 days a year of this abuse? Such outrageous activity MUST be stopped. Let us know what you think, and what you are prepared to do about it.
  • edited September 2014
    Agreed @checkski. We had a miserable weekend with the constant drum beat all weekend and people running around and/or shouting in the street. We live at the top end of SGR and had to close the windows - I hate to think of the poor souls nearer the park! <div><br></div><div>Why can't we have park events for the local community? Prior Park had an open-air theatre in August, which which was popular with locals, well organised and family friendly. </div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;">Perhaps not quite the 'cash-cow' event that draws in the masses (for various reasons) from outside the borough? </span></div>
  • @maclondon<;div>I have heard back from the council on the issue you raised. They weren't sure exactly what was meant by the vegetation clearance letters, and where they had been sent from. They have asked for your name and address and some more details of the letter so they can check their records. May be best to drop me an email - tim.gallagher@haringey.gov.uk</div>
  • Concerts - the stakeholder's meeting was held this week on the Finsbury Park concerts. I was unable to attend as I've been working in Scotland this week, but my colleague Cllr Raj Sahota was there. I passed a number of concerns on to him that residents have raised with me about the various concerts this summer. I will wait until I have received more details and minutes of this meeting before responding properly here, so we can all get a sense of Haringey's stance on this following the first summer of increased concerts.