New/Refurbished kebab place next to France Fresh Fish

Hello, has anybody tried the refurbished/new kebab place next to France Fresh Fish? I think it's called Efes Mangal? <div><br></div><div>With their daily stews in the window and lamb doner that looks like it's actually made from stacked slices of meat (rather than mechanically recovered animal derivatives) it looks like it's been transported from Green Lanes.</div><div><br></div><div>Any thoughts?</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks</div><div><br></div><div>Woodpecker</div>

Comments

• No, but I had probably my worst E Mono Lamb Shwarma last week... The staff were arguing, clearly not caring about what they slung in a wrap. Shame as they have been amazing! 
  • Had an emergency chicken shish there not long after it opened.  Very good.  They practice the 'DIY-kebab-in-a-box' method.  And the service was very keen.  Perhaps didn't quite hit E Mono's levels of excellence though.
  • I was told recently that the FP branch is a knock-off of the original in Kentish Town, not in fact a sister restaurant.  Just copied the branding, apparently.
  • That's interesting but may not be true.<div><br></div><div>Seems there may be <a href="http://www.kentishtowner.co.uk/2012/07/31/cheeky-coffee-mike-the-new-patisserie-from-e-mono/">a Mike Cafe link with e Mono</a> and wasn't that there first.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Think it's fairly obvious as the one at the station has a website E-Mono and the one in Kentish Town (E Mono) doesn't.
  • Which one is the Giles Coran review for ?<br>
  • Efe's in W1 is fantastic and Mangal in Dalston is great, are they connected?<br>
  • Shocked if that's true! A knock off place that's actually really good. Seems odd though wouldn't have thought it was famous enough to worth ripping off especially as they're doing high quality.
  • Ali, Coren reviewed the original.
  • ... the FP E-mono at the station still has a mini-Mike cafe and was a Mike cafe previously, which the KT E Mono is now opening - seems to be some sort of connection.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">If memory serves me right the E Mono at the station has Giles Coren's review of the original on the wall.</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">(I may have made this up - have a work leaving do tomorrow, might just have to check on the way home.)</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">It definitely has it on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Mono-Finsbury-PARK/482168241871937">its Facebook page</a>.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Papa you're right it does.
  • Went in E Mono tonight and was very disappointed. Will not be in a rush to go back.
  • Can confirm E Mono in Finsbury Park is not related to the one in Tufnell Park. Source: the staff at Tufnell Park.