Batucada Por Favor!!

edited April 2007 in Local discussion
No, seriously, we got a flyer through our door today. Claiming a Brazilian restaurant menu on SGR. Perplexed we looked at the address - 196 SGR, now [Karmenz](http://www.karmenz.co.uk/) is 192 and Sunshine Cafe is 194 but next is what? I'd happily schlop up a cheap Brazilian if it were true...

Comments

• edited 2:16AM
    "I'd happily schlop up a cheap Brazilian if it were true..."

SCHTOP!
    It's all in _your_ mind Pete, no-one elses...
    Oooo. I've never lived anywhere with so many food options on the same street!
    brazilian? really? that would be *very* exciting. I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with brazil and its food.
    it looked pretty cheap and limited so don't get excited. Besides, im pretty sure 196 is in no way a restaurant. Confused really.
    You're probably right - I've scratching my head about where it could possibly be, but to no avail - none of the shops there are closing as far as I can remember. There's that funny cards/gift stuff shop - that was open at the weekend; the materials shop, the pound shop...
    I think 196 is the materials shop. it just doesn't make sense.
  • edited May 2007
    I've seen flyers before for Chinese takeways that do delivery only from someone's private kitchen or private address, or even a made up address. I think this is what they're doing with this Brazilian place too. It might turn out that someone is cooking away in their flat above the shops on SGR, or somewhere completely different. Probably completely illegal and flouting all environmental health regulations...
    It's quite obvious to me that somebody needs to make an order, then question the delivery boy.
    Yup, 196 is the fabrics shop. Very much not closing down. Mind you, home-cooked brazilian food could be good news... I'm going to second Matt here. Or at least call up and question whoever answers the phone. It's in a good cause... (the happiness of my stomach)
    if you google the phone number, it comes up as the fax number for the "Caril-Latin American welfare group" based in Manor Gardens, N7
    Well, it's definitely written by a real Brazilian. But it has none of the really yummy Brazilian stuff on there that I like. Disappointing.
    "all starts come with optician...."
    The opening hours seem to point towards it being s side-line business.

Maybe they know the people in the materials shop and have OK'd it with them?
    I've never seen a takeaway menu with a mobile number on it...very dodgy looking.
    Is this for when people arrive at the supposed Mexican restaurant to collect their takeaway and find they've arrived at a fabric shop?!
    "an optician of tried cassava" no less!

also what's "potato stray" (option 14 in the specials)?
    I reckon it's genuine - Brazilian catering, for parties etc, is pretty common in London now - a lot of brazilians who come over set themselves up doing this sort of thing. I think that's what this is.
    did you ever get to the bottom of this?
    Or... are they still in business?