Building insurance - converted house

I wonder if anyone has any experience insuring a late Victorian converted house - in our case a 4 storey house converted into 3 flats (lower ground floor 2bed, upper ground floor 1 bed and 1st/2nd floor 2 bed).<br><br>Our renewal policy refers to Building Declared Value and Building Sum Insured, I think the sum insured takes account of inflation in the cost of construction but I'm not 100% certain.  The Declared Value is £450,000 - anyone else who has insured similar property types; does this sound about right? Finally, there is a contents of common parts at £25,000 - does this just cover things like the front door and carpets within the shared area - this seems very high... or does it include other stuff?<br><br>Any suggestions are appreciated!<br>

Comments

• What  is the premium ?<br><br>The T&Cs will tell you what you get for each type of insurance and is diffrent between different  companies.<br>
  • The house I live in is insured in a similar way by all the flat owners, who share the freehold.  The declared value sounds about right and it is likewise a 4-storey house, although with 4 flats rather than 3.  Is it just the declared value and common parts that you'd like me to check?  I don't have the documents to hand but can get hold of them.  PM me if easier.
  • commons parts seems very high.