Book group 3rd Nov: Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh AND CHRISTMAS GOLDFINCH WARNING

The next book group book will be <span style="font-weight: bold;">Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh</span>.<br><br>We will meet on Monday 3rd November at 8pm in the Noble (they were very nice and said we could turn the music down if it was too loud).<br><br>Hope lots of people, old and new, can come!<br><br>We wanted to pick something short-ish and light before next time... the Christmas special, when, as vaguely discussed before, we will do <span style="font-weight: bold;">The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt</span>! Consider this your two month warning to get reading. It's a long one. We can discuss the date next time.<br>

Comments

• <p>Sorry I haven't been about for a while but will be there on 3rd Nov- looking fwd to catching up!</p>
  • Hi All<div>I'm sorry too that I've been away for a while. Work has been manic!</div><div>I can't make this Monday but if we are having our usual Christmas meal in December I will really look forward to coming to that. </div><div>Jenny</div><div><br></div>
  • Hello readers.<br><br>I have had a few requests for dates for the Christmas meal, including a preference for Tuesdays or Thursdays and post-17th December if possible. If anyone else would like their views represented at the meeting on Monday then let me know and we will do our best to pick a date that suits most people!<br><br>Or I can set up a Doodle poll again to find the best date if we can't agree.<br>
  • Hi, I don't think I'll come to book group tomorrow. I started Vile Bodies but just didn't get on with it, which is odd as I generally like Evelyn Waugh. I'm planning to read the Goldfinch though so I'll see you for the Christmas do. I'm pretty flexible on the day, though I have a penchant for earlier in the week as the the pubs quieter. See you in December!
  • Sorry I haven't been in ages. I optimistically downloaded vile bodies on my kindle but haven't managed to start it. I'd say I've been busy with work but I know that's no excuse! Anyway definitely up for the Xmas dinner and I have read the goldfinch.