John Jones and Lennox Road

I hope that Kate Jones and the gang are handsomely compensating the residents of Lennox Rd for the disruption. This morning there is an articulated lorry, a crane truck and two cement mixers parked on the pavements outside the houses. One of the residents is currently in tears having a row with the lorry driver as she needs to use her car but access to her house (and four others), is blocked by the lorry. The driver says there is nowhere for him to move it to. I told her to ring John Jones. The builders are yelling, banging and crashing, the generators are going full pelt, and when I walked past at 5.30am the other day the bright lights were shining out onto the streets and houses. John Jones have made that block a really unpleasant place to live.

Comments

• I agree, very poor construction management.  Watkin Jones (the builders) are a huge firm so will [should] have a 24 hour access number for complaints etc.<br><br>It's all just preperation for the students "The students are yelling, banging and crashing, the speakers are going full pelt, and when I walked past at 5.30am the other day the bright lights were shining out onto the streets and houses."
  • Gets it done quicker <br>
  • edited October 2014
    Heartfelt agreement with Annie and N19. I have come to realise what a hateful development it is, and no number of chic galleries, coffee shops, patisseries will change that. I'm not surprised the Lennox Road locals are in tears. They must be living through a nightmare. I wish we had opposed this at the planning stage.
  • edited October 2014
    Do John Jones have anything to do with the development at this stage? I thought they sold the land the student accommodation is being built on? Whether you agree with that decision or not is another matter, but complaints should go to Watkin Jones or they won't do much good. But yeah, I feel sorry for anyone living in the vicinity of those works.
  • Minim is correct, nothing to do with JJ.  Checkski, I know you hate the idea of the development but this is very specifically about the construction of the new building on the site.<br>
  • The corner of Lennox Rd and Clifton Terrace also feels very unsafe to cross at now (walking away from the station) - any idea who to contact to raise this? 
  • Safe in terms of personal safety or the reduced visibility and not being able to see vehicles?
  • That corner is an accident waiting to happen - regarding being hit by cars
  • That corner is awful - I hate walking across it, but I hate driving across it even more. The visibility is dangerously poor for both pedestrians and drivers; I can't think why there isn't some sort of warning signage, or a temporary pedestrian crossing.
  • It seems absolutely ridiculous. I take my headphones off and tentatively step out when round the corner to at least have some chance of hearing and/or seeing a car before getting into the road, but I've still nearly been hit there a couple of times. Surely they could have a mirror or temporary crossing to at least give people some kind of chance to cross safely?
  • <p>Reduced visibility and not being able to see vehicles approaching - you need to be almost standing in the middle of the road before you can get a good view of what's going on</p>
  • I personally think the whole thing is hideous, it's ugly and just a cash cow. I would rather it was torn down.
  • It is hideous. Oddly enough I was walking towards the station early morning last week and thought poor people on Lennox road having to deal with this.  Maybe because the noise has gone ballistic over the last week or so.  I hope it's worth the hassle and from what I can see, eyesore.
  • just cos you live on lennox road, doesn't mean you are poor. 
  • Verga (I suspect is an alternate log in for a regular user), they are poor in spirit as a result of the construction. Poor has many meanings. <div><br></div><div> http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/poor<div><br></div><div><br></div></div>;