Which pub for food: Shaftesbury vs Landseer vs North Nineteen?

My parents are visiting this week and I want to take them out for dinner.  I have only eaten at The Old Dairy and Stapleton and fancied trying somewhere new, any recommendations from the above? Or any other pubs in this area that are worth a try?

Comments

• Dont forget WB Yeats N19. I liked the food there and is a very nice pub
  • I did consider that, the menu's quite small though isn't it? Have you eaten at any of the other ones I mention above?
  • Do you have to eat in a pub?
  • It doesn't have to be a pub but I've been to Osterio, Seasons and Pappagone's with them and I don't think they'll fancy Indian/Turkish so I couldn't really think of any other options... Plus, my Dad will probably quite fancy having an ale as he won't have to drive for once.
  • Landseer is nice.  Haven't eaten at the Shaftesbury ever, or North Nineteen for a very long time.<br>
  • How the middle-class chatter. Wetherspoons do a cheap meal if you're so full of doubt. They do ale.  
  • Less of that, we are at least upper middle class.  Alas, driver has Wednesdays off other wise we would go down to The Ivy; mother can't bear the thought of public transport.
  • I didn't go 'first world problem'.  Of course it's a modern problem in Stroud Green deciding between all the food and pub outlets.  I didn't mention '.....  .....problem'.
  • edited October 2014
    Actually, on reflection NorthNineteen is right.  The Ivy is really Seasons.  A tacky simalcra (sic) of pretension in Stroud Green.  Oh the yummy yummy desert pots reminds me of Madonna's cry of how great the deserts were in the Ivy.  <div><br></div><div>Surely your'e better than that.  A good place to eat is not boastfull with choc-pot deserts but with adult food and on a side street in Stockwell with a one eyes un ironed matre de pain hovering over like a trans al vainian.  </div><div><br></div><div>That's what i call a restaurant, fit to bring your parents.  This is London, full of one eyed jack waiters frothing at the mouth serving refried food at twice the price.</div><div><br></div><div>There's always Porcheta, or WB Yeats?</div>
  • The Ivy is actually cheaper than Season if you go early evening and the shepherds pie is better than mine (which is an achievement). There is absolutely nothing pretentious about it at all and it's full of people taking their parents out for dinner. I have never been to Stockwell, my position on South London is firmly held. I've also never seen a one eyed waiter even in the dodgiest (pre gentrification), East End dive. One armed waiters on the other hand are ten a penny these days.
  • What's a desert pot? A tub filled with sand?
  • A desert pot is full of sand from my head.  I hope N19 found a good place.  
  • They are coming on Wed so haven't decided yet! Think may try Shaftesbury Tavern as that's the closest.<br><br>Dotori was a great suggestion but a little far this time - I'm on the far north western reaches of Stroud Green hence by potential pubs!  Must have another visit since they had the re-furb.<br>
  • edited October 2014
    I do like the food at the Landseer, Not been to N!9 for quite some time but it wasn't great. I need to try the new Shaftesbury Tavern too. Let us know how it is.