Lulu's - Jerk chicken on Stroud Green Road

<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">Does anyone have any idea where this is? I walked up SGR today and couldn't see it - supposedly open today....</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">

Comments

• Perhaps it's another relational aesthetics art project like the Money Day Loans.
  • Maybe Hummingbird is re-branding? There's a sign in the window saying they're on holiday looking for new recipes or something to the effect.
  • Joe wins! Hummingbird is now lulu's.
  • edited December 2017
  • Yes it is (well according to Google).
  • edited November 2014
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">http://www.hamhighbroadway.co.uk/news/cockroach_in_chicken_dish_sees_haringey_hygiene_officers_close_down_stroud_green_restaurant_1_1798710</span></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">This place was shut down in 2013.  Maybe it didn't get the customers back and now it thinks by changing its name....</span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">What amazes is slack hygiene.  I've worked as a cook and it's not hard to keep a place hygienic. But it comes down to the manager.  I had a very good manager. </span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">PS.  I wouldn't store food like this. Terrible.</span></font></div><div><br></div>
  • Would anyone really not go to a restaurant because of the hygiene standards? Some of the best food I have eaten around the world have had cockroaches and rats running around. We as humans have a very efficient immune system and in the majority of cases the worse that can happen is a few hours of diarrhoea. Unfortunately children grow up in such clean environments their immune system is not exposed  to enough bacteria (antigens) and therefore have increasing auto immune disease like asthma and eczema. 
  • Sutent, Good point.   I used to live in a fairly dirty house-share and had good health.  Saying that I think it's still important to keep a kitchen in a cafe and restaurant hygienic as most people don't want to be on the toilet for a few hours the next morning.
  • edited December 2017
  • Has any one tried Mannequin which is Polish?<br><br> It is in where the Pancake place used to be next to the Stapleton. It looks like it has been done up a bit to get some atmosphere .<br><br>Last century t here used to be a Polish Restaurant further up Crouch Hill than used to be mobbed even thought it was looks like a Sauna inside<br>
  • <br>Mannequin is run by the same Polish bloke as the pancake place which was there before - basically he's decided to take it upmarket. Food looks ace, all dumplings and whatnot. Definitely going to head down there soon.<br><br>However no way would I ever, ever set foot in Hummingbird / Lulus after seeing that pic<br>