Activities in Half Term

<font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">Anyone spotted any good things to do with children next week for half term?  I saw that the Sobell Centre has a playscheme that you can either drop your kids at or attend with them and there are loads of things like trampolining and ice skating to try.  My daughter is a bit too young but I thought others might be interested:</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">http://www.better.org.uk/leisure/sobell/page/324</span></font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">There's also quite a bit on at the Southbank Centre - we're off to see Charlie and Lola:</span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/festivals-series/imagine-childrens-festival</span></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">There are a few crafty activities at the library:</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">http://www.haringey.gov.uk/whatsonsearch?combine&field_event_date_value[min][date]=&field_event_date_value[max][date]=&field_event_category_tid=All&field_venue_target_id=157</span></font><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Anyone spotted anything else?  My mum will be looking after my daughter on Tuesday and would be up for taking her to something local.  She is only 3 though so a bit young for a lot of things.</span></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Thanks!</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div>

Comments

• The Sobell plays scheme is good value, my kids loved it this time last year. I would recommend taking a packed lunch. Your daughter would probably be happy spending the morning on the bouncey castle! Also, best to get there early when it opens as it can get busy with crèches/ other clubs attending too.
  • Little Angles theatre down in Posh Islington does shows starting from 3. They also do an under-3s show on the first Sunday of every month, I think. <div><br></div><div>If the weather's nice I'd get the 210 up to Kenwood. Very kid friendly cafe, nice room with toys and activity packs and (most importantly) acres and acres of space to run around, mini-tractors to climb on and happy dogs to pet. Plus Reynolds, Gainsborough, Vermeer, Van Dyck, Rembrandt. It is the best place on earth.  <div><br></div><div>Freightliners city farm is good too, and again the cafe's great. </div></div>
  • edited February 2015
    Where are the mini tractors at Kenwood? We have been several times and haven't seen them. I agree its a great place to take young children (plus you don't feel as if you are disturbing anyone as they have a room especially for kids) and they are probably doing some activities over the half term. However I found the cafe can be a bit hit and miss. Loads of tables outside which is great when the weather is warm enough to sit out but we were there last Wednesday and at 12:30 struggled to get a table inside for lunch with two hungry toddlers. The room is a good size and it has loads of tables but the problem was the number of tables taken up by people reading newspapers without a drink or food and an ever growing queue of people with trays of food. We were lucky that a family took pity on us and gave up their table for us but after we finished lunch the newspaper readers where still there and customers were complaining to staff. I'm all for going to a cafe to catch up on reading but it would be good if people were a bit more considerate during the lunchtime rush. It's the first time we stopped for lunch there in winter and hence inside but other times we have had food outside and it has been great, so hopefully this was a one off. Check out your local library for activities. stroud Green and Harrigay Library are running a craft activity every day.
  • Thanks everyone!  Charlie and Lola at the South bank was great, although the rest of the festival was difficult to access as so busy. She liked making a Chinese lantern at Stroud Green library too.  She has been to the playscheme at the Hideaway (next to Stroud Green school) a couple of days too which I would recommend to others - it's £20 a day plus extras if they go on a trip (they do museums, bowling, cinema etc).  It is open to school-aged children who don't attend Stroud Green school as well as nursery-aged ones who do.  <br><br>I didn't know about the kid-friendly room and cafe at Kenwood though I have been there to look at the pictures.  May check that out at the weekend - thanks! <br>
  • And we have tickets for Little Angels next week, thanks!  They do £5 tickets at 5pm on a Friday, though not all the plays have a showing at this time.<br><br>
  • Hideaway is great, Lucy who runs it, is one of our WI members and it's where we have our meetings.
  • @Miss Annie<div><br></div><div>Cold you give me a link to Hideaway?  Feel free to send me a message. </div>
  • @TheMimsy - the contact details are here:  http://www.netmums.com/haringey/local/view/parties/venues/the-hideaway-stroud-green-playcentre <span style="font-size: 10pt;">(it's the polling station for the Haringey side of Stroud Green if you have been there?) but tbh I have found the most reliable way of contacting them is to call in.  It's the after school club for the juniors at Stroud Green school so Lucy is there every weekday after 3:15.  It doesn't look like much tbh - they could really do with a few new toys, but dd really likes it and the staff and trips are great.</span>
  • @ Trainspotter:<div><br></div><div>Many thanks!</div>