The Hopsmiths: Timeout Review

Great mention of the Hopsmiths in today's Timeout.<div><br></div><div>The review is very positive, however there is a mention of the impersonal interior.</div><div><br></div><div>Good words about Crouch Hill in general and the offer of restaurants and shop.</div><div><br></div><div>I haven't been to the pub yet, but i am going to pay a visit soon.</div>

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">http://www.timeout.com/london/bars-and-pubs/the-hopsmiths</span></font>;
  • <p>Thought thsi was about right:</p><p> "Plastic chairs, basic tables and zero soft furnishings make your session feel a little like a piss-up in a Scout hall"</p><p> </p>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">Love this line:</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;">'This is the second of 2015’s enticing additions to Crouch Hill, an area that can seem to be little more than a well-serviced four-way junction'</span></font><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;">Or alternatively, that well served four-way junction might just be the long-standing central point of Stroud Green.</span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;"><a href="http://biblio.unibe.ch/web-apps/maps/zoomify.php?pic=Ryh_1813_13.jpg&col=ryh">Link to 1741 to 1745 map</a></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div>
  • Well, it's a 5-way junction, & there's only one charity shop, but otherwise it's pretty on target. Never seen a woggle, though.
  • edited September 2015
    I took issue with the charity shop remark too. They it make sound like a slightly shabby area with nowhere else to go. Clearly written by someone on a day trip from South London.
  • Agreed re decor, but, i really dig the place, good people 20, TWENTY craft beer taps! Shame the food has gone down hill. But still my preferred local.
  • Only 18. 2 of the taps are for us Philistines who prefer cider... :)
  • Bottom part of Crouch Hill is becoming little Dalston
  • Great map, Papa L! I was mildly amused to see Muswell Hill used to be known as Muscle Hill.
  • It is a great map - I've added it to the Old Maps thread for posterity.<div><br></div>
  • It is a good map. That's Stapleton Hall and Japan House in it I think. Found another really good one I will post too in Old Maps
  • Had a pint in the Hopsmiths yesterday evening. Only second or third time I have been in.<div><br></div><div>Great beer selection. Slightly expanded menu. Hot sausage rolls on offer.</div><div><br></div><div><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px;">I like it. </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px;">The tables and chairs are still weird though.</span></div><div><br></div><div><br><br></div>