Second hand car dealer

we were very sad when continental, by the tufnell pk tvn, went as we had bought three s/h cars from them over the years and they were decent and honest....now we are looking for another cheapish car...any recommendations?

Comments

• Does the lack of comments indicate a lack of interest among SG.org users or a lack of honest car dealers I wonder?
  • I think you might fight that not many people who use this site regularly have cars on this site. Mine got stolen in October 2013 and I haven't missed it one bit. Some on here have bought diesel cars as the government was misguided and encouraged people to buy them. That has thankfully changed. 
  • <div>I've never considered just finding a car dealer and going there and buying a car.</div><div><br></div>I would usually suggest working out what car you want and then looking for it on autotrader or pistonheads - finding the best car wherever it is sold, rather than just a dealer.<div><br></div><div>Although I could see some merit in the good dealer option, as they would then hopefully be selling you a car you could trust.</div><div><br></div><div>I know there is a used car dealership in Hornsey and one on the way up to Friern Barnet by the big Tesco just over the North Circular.</div><div><br></div><div>Not sure whether either are any good.<br><div><br></div></div>
  • I bought a used car yesterday from AJ Motors in Enfield - they're just off the North Circular. Absolutely lovely chaps - helpful, friendly, efficient, not pushy. Highly recommended.