The Hopsmiths - an update

Hi everybody!<div><br></div><div>My name is Roger and I'm the new GM of The Hopsmiths. I've worked for Late Knights in their Peckham Bar, Beer Rebellion and most recently in The Ravensgate Arms, in Ramsgate. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you guys know about some things we're changing in the pub over the course of the next few weeks.</div><div><br></div><div>Comfy seating: Comfortable seating, sofa, armchairs, etc will be introduced in the coming weeks to give the bar a cosy winter feeling and let you really relax after work. </div><div><br></div><div>Food: We've unfortunately gone through many changes in the Kitchen since we've been open, but we feel like we've finally found our team. Starting yesterday we've launched a new menu. It is focused on street food, something we've done in the company since we opened our first bar, burgers, wings, sides,with weekly and seasonal specials to keep things interesting. Also, this Sunday we start our Sunday Roast again, offering 2 meat options and 1 vegetarian option for now (more to follow!) with all the trimmings. </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div style="font-size: 13.3333px;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I think pubs should be an extension of your front room and that's what we're going to try to do here. </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">If you pop in The Hopsmiths, I'm the Canadian guy with the beard, say hi! I'd be happy to answer any questions about the bar, myself or beer!</span></div><div><br></div>

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Great work. You're my favourite recent addition to the area, and improved seating is pretty much the only thing I'd ask for - some padded furniture might improve you acoustics too. 
  • Your range of beers is great! You're a very welcome addition to the area. Thank You. 
  • Excellent news on the Sunday roast!
  • Good news, we tried to come for lunch on Friday - unfortunately discovering you weren't open. Will try again at a weekend.
  • Thanks for the kind words guys! The Roasts are excellent. We're also doing a half price wing night on Wednesdays from now on, if you fancy nibbling on something midweek instead of grabbing a meal! <br><br>Once the soft chairs are in and the curtains are up, I think the echo will die down quite a bit! <br><br><br>