Refurbishing sash windows

edited July 2007 in Local discussion
Bit of a curve-ball request this one, but has anyone had their sash windows refurbished/replaced? Can you recommend anyone?

Comments

• edited 6:54PM
    No, but the place at the corner of Albert rd and SGR does sash windows, and they always look good in the workshop, so it might be worth popping in and asking them.
    I've spoken to them in the past - they don't do the window work per se, they just build them to order
    We need to do this too.
    what, so they build them but won't fit them? how odd.
    I had mine completely refurbished last autumn. we got 3 quotes and in the end went with a nation wide company....who supplied the middle quote.

I was really impressed as our windows were basically fucked (excuse my french). my bedroom windows were in the limbo land between open and shut for a year which made summer and winter very painful.

I'll get you the details when I get back home
    Thanks Ewan that would be great
    Did you find those details Ewan - I need to get this done before winter arrives and would like to go with your recommendation if possible
    Did you ever get those details? We'd like some noise reducing glazing so any recommendation would help.
    How about UPVC windows - I hear they're all the, errr, rage.
    A few weeks ago we had our old casement windows replaced with double glazed sashes. We used Stroudgreen Windows (next to Jak's off licence). Perhaps not the cheapest (around £750 for a 2m window) but really good quality and great local service (they even took the old windows away and properly cleaned up after the work was done).