Cats on leads

Over the last few weeks I have seen people in stroud green walking with their cats on leads. Not being a cat owner I wanted to know if it was some kind of new thing?

Comments

• It's been a thing for years. Not a good one I might add. Cats are not fans are going anywhere they haven't chosen to go. It can also damage their neck and spine. If you must treat your cat like a dog it should be in a harness, not a lead.
  • Oh ok. Not seen it before. I find it funny how many cats we have in the UK. When I lived in LA earlier this year I never saw one cat. Moray road seems to have loads of them
  • As far as I'm concerned cats should lead and do lead.  A cat on a lead is against nature. People putting cats on leads should get the cat of nine tails.  <div><br></div><div>I'm a cat lover. </div>
  • @kreuzkav I didn't know you were into physical punishment...
  • edited January 2016
    Far from it.  I have perfect health but people who put cats on leads deserve it.  Perhaps that's what they want.  Then they should be denied it.  I give up.  <div><br></div><div>I have performed in a band as a young man at a fetish club.  Goth place called Torture Garden where Slimelight was near Angel station.  Not my scene but David the owner paid us well for our experimental noise.  </div>
  • Sutent - in the States most people do not let their cats out. They tend to be house cats. When IMoved to the UK that is what a number of friends commented on with comments 'are they feral?'
  • At what point in life do you think: 'I'm going to go out in public walking a cat on a lead.'<div><br><div>I often wonder, how these things happen to people.</div><div><br></div></div>
  • <p>They are the people who think it's a good idea to go to a café to meet cats (or owls). There's a lady who puts little socks on her very small dog to walk it up and down Tollington Park every day.</p><p>In Palm Springs there is a weekly parade where the rich, glamorous senior folks take their dogs out in prams. They have a dog boutique where they sell specially designed prams and pushchairs for them.</p>
  • One of my cats (housecast) would automatically sit down and protest once in a harness when the lead is attached. The other loves it and walks like a dog gently tugging me along. I use the harnesses to take them in the car rather than putting them in the carrier. I have been tempted to walk the dog-like one, but Stroudgreen.org demonstrates nicely why I don't!
  • I think in the USA they have more cat predators so it is a bit more dangerous to let them out and about. Can't think of any to back up this hypothesis.  Oh yes I can, racoons, coyotes, wolves, bears
  • <p>Not many of those in most of the cities I've visited. I'd bloody love to see a bear trotting about.</p><p> </p>