butcher and (not more but) less gentrification

2»

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Probably. The lovely fish restaurant cooked lovely food but probably didn't look the part enough for people to use it - no breezeblocks, bricks, mismatched chairs or filament bulbs in there, just really nice food.
  • This forum is always quick to blame locals for not supporting certain businesses, but in the case of Chez Liline, I was told it closed because the chef had a stroke. Restaurants close every day and not always because they were bad / empty / not trendy - sometimes people just move or stop cooking.
  •  I stand corrected on Chez Liline. I do believe that local business will thrive if people use them and close if they don't.
  • I used to have the most delicious fish with spiced butterbeans, and also the lovely Three Sauce fish.  i particularly remember going on the Mauritian national day and the whole place was heaving with Mauritian families<br>
  • and a correction for the name of the new butcher's - it is actually called FARM BUTCHER CENTRE<div><br></div><div>i think we are approaching peak butcher</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • and a correction for the name of the new butcher's - it is actually called FARM BUTCHER CENTRE<div><br></div><div>i think we are approaching peak butcher</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>