AirBNB cleaner/helper wanted

<div><span style="font-weight: bold; font-family: 'Arial Black';">Good afternoon. Need a <span style="font-size: 12px;">AirBNB cleaner/helper</span><span style="font-size: 12px;"> </span></span></div> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">I’m looking for a responsible person who can act as an AirBNB cleaner/helper at my flat in Stroud Green.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">I need someone who can wait at the property for a window of two hours waiting for the guests to arrive.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">You need to welcome them, give them keys, show them how stuff works, and deal with initial queries.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">During this waiting time, you can undertake light cleaning and simple preparation to make the place look “homely”.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">After that, you are NOT needed until the guests leave. When you have a minimum of 24 hours (usually much more) to return to the flat, then wash and change the bed linen. </span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">I have a minimum of four days let, so it isn’t something that happens each day.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">It is imperative that this person be fully responsible. I will need references from previous employers so I can be comfortable. It isn’t so much to see how amazing you might be, more that I can trust you. Basic English is required to converse with me and the guests.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">I live very far away in the West Country and it’s imperative I know that my chosen person is capable, reliable and honest.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">I’m willing to pay £60 cash each time a guest books a stay. Alternatively we can work out an hourly charge if you prefer. I am happy to pay £8.50 per hour if we choose this method.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">I appreciate this won’t work for you unless you live near-by. And then you might want to do a few houses to make it worth your while. Initially I will need to speak with you on Skype, then if we are both happy, I will need to meet you “in person”.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">As for myself, I am a father of two young children living in Devon. I’m married and I run my own design business. This flat is my old property from many years ago when I lived in it myself. I need to rent it out to generate income to support my family here.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">Please email me if you are interested.</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; min-height: 14px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;"><br></span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Georgia;">carey@scarlet-design.co.uk</span></p><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-weight: normal;"><br></div>
Tagged:

Comments

• I'd also potentially be interested in hiring someone who can do this  for my Airbnb
  • I'd be interested to know how many of these little hotels there are in the area. That's the sort of thing that changes a place. All becomes more transient and less of a community.
  • Hah.. I was waiting for someone to make that comment.<div><br></div><div>An AirBnB search shows 300+ rentals in the wider Finsbury Park area, but many of these are individual rooms rather than entire flats (i.e. people renting out a spareroom for extra cash) and a lot have limited availability - e.g. only available when the owner is on holiday, rather than let out constantly.</div><div><br></div><div>@ScarletPimpernel - you may have more luck on Gumtree / Craigslist type sites.</div>
  • It does make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I read that the Barcelona old town has become extremely expensive for locals to buy or rent because of the AirB&B market. And London has enough housing pressure as it is.
  • It's why they tried / are trying to crack down on it in New York.
  • Do people keeping their house as a permanent AirBnB hotel (not just for extra lodger), pay tax on this as a business or as individuals?
  • @missannie it is well documented in the media the amount of tax avoidance/evasion that goes on with airbnb landlords.
  • The allowances are quite generous though.   You can earn £7,500 a year as part of the rent a room scheme before you have to pay tax.   You could put some expenses against income, if you start to get up to the limit such as laundry, cleaning, insurance etc.   Proper B & Bs and guest houses can also use this allowance.  <div><br></div><div>I think you'd be taking a risk if you didn't declare it, particularly if you were using B & B for long lets of apartments.</div><div><br></div><div>I don't really know any other air b & b hosts, so can't really talk about other people's tax arrangements.  I rent out a room, but don't get even half way up to the rent a room threshold.  Speaking for myself I declare it, because I fill out a self-assessment form anyway.   I think, because I'm a 20 minute walk from the station I tend to get people who already have a connection with Stroud Green or Crouch End, and might be visiting friends here, going to a party, quite often at the Stapleton or Old Dairy, or going to a wedding, engagement or visiting grandchildren nearby etc.  </div><div><br></div><div>It's possibly very different nearer the station or closer into town.   </div><div><br></div><div>However there's no denying the lack of regulation with airbnb. <br><div><br></div><div><br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></div>
  • edited April 2016
    We only do it when we're away on holiday. I think the last time we did it (nearly a year ago) we rented to five Italians for 2 weeks. They paid the equivalent of about £13.50 a night each. I figured we were all benefiting, including the neighbourhood if they went out to local restaurants/shopped in local shops while we were away. And I most certainly did declare it on my tax return (the rent a room scheme doesn't apply if you rent out your entire place). However, £1,000 of income from such sources will be tax-free from April next year, as announced by the Chancellor by the Budget.