Partners for Islington - Incompetent!

Has anyone here had the pleasure of PFI's incompetence for repair and then challenged any associated costs for said repair because a private contractor had to come and repair their repairs?<div><br></div><div>I'm only at stage 1 of their complaint prrocess, but their response has riled me so dearly that I would rather go straight to the council, housing ombudsman, small claims court, etc than bother following up with them.</div><div><br></div><div>argghhhh...</div>

Comments

• Oh happy memories (not). I had to go through their complaints process quite a few times in a very bad run of years. My favourite was when they booked two different scaffolding teams to turn up at the same time...! I found persevering with the complaints process was worthwhile, and much cheaper than having to get lawyers involved. Hope it works out ok for you.
  • I rent privately but my last landlady used Partners to do all her maintenance work. I always found them very good. They also made it possible for us to set up our allotments on Hanley Rd so I only have good things to say about them.
  • lazyatomlazyatom Fonthill Road
    We've recently bought a leasehold that PFI manage and have already heard some worrying stories about their repairs, particularly overcharging for cyclical works. That said, I suppose you only tend to hear the bad stories. Hope you managed to get a satisfactory resolution.
  • Hi Lazyatom, unfortunately not. I'm still dealing with the situation now. Despite this being against contractual obligations in the lease, I would recommend getting a private contractor to undertake any repair works rather than going through PFI. Not only will it likely be cheaper, but you are also able to hold the private contractor to account. Unfortunately with PFI, experience tells me this is simply not the case.
  • Hi Maximus<br>Similar situation but wonder whether it makes more sense to go through them because whatever happens they'll try to whack the max - £10k - on you every 5 years. That <span style="font-weight: bold;">on top</span> of a private contractor makes all rather scary....<br>