Bus hopper

Looks like Sadiq is implementing one of his manifesto pledges already. The bus hopper fare will start September (Papa will be pleased). Unfortunately you can only use it on 2 buses in one hour and not unlimited buses. Unlimited buses wont happen until 2017 at least. . I guess this is good for those people who want to get from Crouch End to Stoke Newington which requires 2 buses due to the train bridge. 

Comments

• This is good news. (Even better as I had actually managed to forget that Sadiq had promised this).<div>Will genuinely save a lot of people money - only in small increments but makes a difference.</div><div>Will cost TFL, which as I understand it has a funding squeeze looming.</div><div>I'd like to see it brought in for tube / train to bus too. Make the transport system properly integrated.</div>
  • I only noticed this last night but the 91 bus is now a routemaster bus now. F<span style="font-size: 10pt;">unny seeing a routemaster on Hornsey Road. </span>
  • I wish they'd run another bus route down Hornsey Road - one down to Upper Street and maybe even beyond.<div>Seems a missed opportunity to connect up the two bits of Islington, considering going via Finsbury Park doesn't happen due to the bridge split.</div>
  • The 236 used to go under the bridge, up SGR, and finish at SHR. V. useful. I don't know why they stopped it.
  • <p>Routemasters are a nightmare in hot weather. Really unpleasant. </p><p>They are so disappointing - too many backward facing seats, the step up to the seats is ridiculously high, the distance from base of the seat to seat pad is uncomfortably high if you are short - your feet dangle, no windows to open or functioning air con, conductors only on some services so the back door remains shut, people don't bother to swipe their Oyster on the middle readers, overly officious conductors that stop you hopping on and off. I dislike them intensely, they are one of the worst bits of transport design I've encountered.</p>
  • They are not real routemasters !
  • Totally agree with Miss Annie: too many  backward facing seats and the whole thing is very uncomfortable.  <div> Much preferred the old style 91.</div>
  • <p>There have been several types of Routemaster - this is just the most recent.</p><p>I love the RMs that run on the heritage line from Tower Hill and into Kensington, they are a joy.</p>
  • Yes, the heritage line is nice. I remember the old 73, 19, 10 and 38 being this style.
  • <p>I guess the old ones will disappear once air pollution starts to get dealt with by the Mayor as they are diesel.</p><p>Taxis must have the same problem and I guess polluting  cars will have to go as well or pay the extra emmisoin charge.</p>
  • Taxis have another problem, it's called Uber.
  • Or Urrghber as we call it. We have a company Hailo account, they are taxis that work on the principle of Uber but with black cabs, knowledge qualified CRB checked drivers, and will take unfolded pushchairs, bikes, pets with no quibbles. Excellent.