Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Holiday home rental in Italy - Casa della Meridiana (home of Stroud Green Olive Oil)

edited January 2017 in Classifieds
Wake up every morning to a breathtaking view over mountains and hilltop towns! Just to let the world know that Casa della Meridiana, our holiday home in Italy that inspired ‘Stroud Green Olive Oil’, is available for rental again. Casa Meridiana is in a lovely area of the Abruzzo region of Italy, just two hours east of Rome, very scenic, close to mountains, forest, castles, churches, archaeological sites, caves, gorges, national parks and nature reserves. There are even bears and wolves! Just 35 minutes from the sea. Good and affordable skiing. The house is a three-bedroom, detached home with panoramic views, a massive sun terrace, barbecue area and patio dining area, study, in its own little orchard of fruit and olive trees. In a very tranquil spot, far from traffic, dog-friendly, child-friendly and in the heart of a very un-touristed, highly authentic Italian region, with warm and friendly local people. (Sleeps 6-8 with three doubles and one sofa bed) http://www.casa-meridiana.com/wp-content/gallery/house-exterior/IMG_7145.jpg Quite a few SG Org members and other locals have visited or rented in the past and can no doubt provide testimonials / advice. In fact we’re keen to promote links between Stroud Green and Abruzzo, and of course, Casa della Meridiana is the home of our own Stroud Green Olive Oil which was for sale in shops in SG a year or two back. (Sadly the oil harvest has failed three years running, but we hope to bring SG Olive Oil back this year.) In the last year we’ve given the house a fresh paint job, tasteful pictures on the wall, a new terrace garden and BBQ area. (No, we don’t have a pool but we’ve tried to think of everything else). Its a really relaxing place, and there are also heaps of things to do - every kind of outdoor activity, walking, climbing, rafting. *Especially* trekking and hiking in the mountains. It’s also been used by people to write screenplays, academic treatises, and so on - I use it sometimes as a writing retreat myself. Given Sg Org members obsession with good food and drink - did I mention that Italy has quite a few excellent bars and restaurants, and there are many in the immediate area of Casa della Meridiana offering a very special Abruzzo experience, local specialities and cheap local wine? This is where Italy’s best pasta is manufactured (in the next village, in fact) and the region is famous for Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, Trebbiano, Cerasuolo and Pecorino wines. Because it’s been off the market for a while I’m starting with low, low prices - until April, we’ll rent it for only £350 a week base price (a bargain for a place that sleeps 6 to 8!) rising to perhaps £500-600 in the summer. I’ll offer a 10% discount to existing members of SG Org (I know who you are). And here’s my charity promotion - 5% OF EVERY BOOKING WILL GO TO CHARITIES SUPPORTING THE VICTIMS OF THE ITALIAN EARTHQUAKES AND ABRUZZO AVALANCHE DISASTER. (Casa della Meridiana is well outside the Abruzzo earthquake zone, and not at risk of avalanche - and the house is earthquake-proofed.) It’s been pointed out that taking a holiday in Abruzzo is one of the best ways you can help the people of this amazing region. Why not come and explore this amazing region for yourself? Full details at www.casa-meridiana.com, now at last listed on AirBnB, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, Holiday Lettings (Search for Casa della Meridiana in Civitella Messer Raimondo, Chieti.) Email info@casa-meridian.com.