Architect / Structural Engineer

edited November 2007 in Local discussion
I'm looking to extend the house into the loft space. This is going to require some fairly hefty structural works to the house. Can anyone recommend the services of a local practice?

Comments

• edited November 2007
    One of my old housemates is a structural engineer. I can pass on his details if you and him are interested?
  • edited 10:03AM
    Lucy has got a bunch of contacts on this - but she is never on the internet anymore. I will remind her to look at this.
  • edited November 2007
    Matt / Andy, I'd appreciate any help with this as otherwise it's a case of me having to pick a name or three out of the phonebook.
    Could anyone recommend a structural engineer? We need to find out if our building has subsidence so any personal recommendations would be appreciated!
    Not a structural engineer but a chartered surveyor... the guy that looked after the party wall issues for my loft conversion may be able to help. Whisper your details if interested.
    My partner is an architect, and has just done all the planning for our extension. He does private jobs in his spare time, and is hoping to work for himself fulltime eventually. If you want his details get in touch with me. Hes not on sg.org.

He knows a couple of structural engineers he uses for his jobs who he could put you in touch with too.
    Resurrecting this thread as I need some advice from a structural engineer, local would be great...

Anyone know anyone?