thank you so much to those who helped with ideas & suggestions in the last discussion about this! It's really come together over the last month and FINALLY sorted out the location etc which I'm afraid had held things back a little. Here are a few main features & details:
1) It's going to be called Stroud Green Market
2) It'll be in the grounds of Stroud Green Primary, Woodstock road N43EX (actually though the main action will be on the Perth road side, opposite the Faultering Fullback)
3) It'll happen every Sunday, 10-2:30, starting 10th September (the weekend after the schools go back)
4) There will be all the farmers market staples, TOP quality & plenty of choice: veg, meat, fish, bread, flowers, local honey, amazing cheese, raw milk, eggs etc. Plenty of organic stuff but I've tried to arrange options for all sorts at different price levels.
5) On top of this there will be the fine foods/health food/deli items, whether this is locally made cake or fresh pasta, ferments, foreign/regional specialities etc
6) Good Coffee, HOT FOOD and drinks of all sorts including alcoholic
7) Finally, we really want there to be a good time for everyone with music, entertainment for families & children, benches & tables to hang out at, hopefully someone to fix your bike....
....and home delivery so you can buy as much as you like!
There's a lot more to say & I hope you'll all have comments and questions - please write them & I'll try to reply to everyone.
I've also got favours to ask of all community-minded people, and particular advice I need on certain things, which I'll put in a separate post.
I REALLY hope that the name, location, and timing of the market is suitable to most people. I thought a lot about these things earlier in the year, when so many of you gave your opinions, and I reckon that although I couldn't please everyone, what I've gone for is what most people seemed to want. I Hope!
Anyway that's enough for now, can't wait for September!