Local builders and cleaners - looking for recommendations

Hello SG!

We are looking for recommendations for trusted local service providers;

1. Cleaning Services - we would prefer to employ a local individual rather than use one of the bigger agencies.

2. Builders - we are hoping to start work on a new kitchen and bathroom. We would be grateful to hear about or from reliable and affordable builders.

Thank you
Claire x

Comments

• Hi Claire, I'm afraid I'm not a builder - but I'm a painter and decorator who has worked for several people in the Stroud Green area. Please contact me if you, or anyone else, will need decorating services. Hope your new kitchen and bathroom progress well! My number is 07779 280047. Thanks, Anni
  • Search on builders and you will see this subject comes up quite often
    We have used the Nugent brothers who did a good job. They have done quite a few conversions around here so are around quite a bit
    An example of their work in on the corner of Perth Rd and SGR as they did up the old Irish house which is not rented flats
    If you look closely some nice little references to the house history
  • edited January 2019
    If your referring to NUGENT BROTHERS CONSTRUCTION LIMITED

<Stroudgreen.org moderator intervention>

Disparaging comments about the above firm edited out because I worry it strays into libel. Suffice to say Mr Murphy doesn't think they are good, and shares the belief of others above that bagpipes are not relevant to building ability. Also there's no need to post something four times in four different threads.>

</Stroudgreen.org moderator intervention>
  • They came to fit 6 no extremely expensive 4 panel doors for us. We returned from work we noticed that 4 of the doors were hung upside down (The doors were ruined) the locks didn't work and the hinges were poorly installed. We confronted Eamon and he refuses to come back to reimburse us for the damage caused.
    WOULD DEFINITLEY NOT USE THEM OR RECOMEND THEM, ABSOULTE RUBBISH AND EXTREMLY MESSY
  • A new poster. It's probably not the same person again...
  • edited February 2019
    Indeed, I'm rather sceptical about these reviews. I've deleted a lot of suspicious-looking ones from first-time posters recently. Treat with caution.
  • Don't believe it I know lots of folks who are very happy with their work