Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Creative Writing Group Mon eves - starting 16 April

If you are working on a specific writing project and/or want help developing your creative writing skills you might like to join a regular writing group. Improve your technique and benefit from the structure of regular workshops. I am a published author, editor and critic as well as an experienced creative writing tutor. I run a writing group on Monday evenings and we meet alternate weeks. I have a couple of places left in the next block starting 16 April 2018.

Dates 16 April - 16 July (inclusive)
Mondays 6.30 - 8.30pm
Stroud Green N4
Price £95 for 14 weeks

On the Mondays we don’t meet, you submit work to me (max 500 words) for one to one feedback via email which will give you the opportunity to explore your own methods and writing rhythms at the same time as receiving guidance and support. The point of the course is to give you the ‘space’, once a week, to write whether in a group or alone at home. Existing members of the group are warm and committed, work in various professions and range in age.

We generally begin each class by reading and examining text/s which illustrate the various topics. This will be followed by writing exercises. In the final part of the session everyone reads aloud from their work. This takes place in a relaxed, safe environment. It is also intended to be a fun, social setting where you can meet new people, write, and share your words with others. You will be able to write and receive feedback in a supportive atmosphere. Some of the subjects we explore are character, dialogue, conflict, pace, tension, point of view, different genres, writing with intensity, climax and resolution, irony and editing. We often work towards entering some short story competitions.

For further info on course starting 16 April please contact lucyjpop@gmail.com