Hi everyone, I hope it really will be Summer soon and not just Summer term!
Here's an update about the market in case you haven't been recently. There were so many helpful comments before & after we opened it in September; I tried quite hard to put various things right & steadily make the market better & more interesting. We're now open 10-3 (in spite of what a few of the old signs might still think)
The listing for each weekend is at www.stroudgreenmarket.com/thisweek . In terms of traders, we've now got between 20-25 each time, with more joining every week at the moment. Here's what's either new or particularly exciting in my opinion:
1) fish stall EVERY WEEK
2) Really wonderful Italian cheeses & cured meats (there's also English cheese available from the toastie stall)
3) Organic Veg, Eggs & butter (as well as the "regular" fruit & veg farm)
4) For drinks: a new cider maker to go alongside the Italian wine & seven sisters brewery (all of these are now weekly)
5) every other week: free bike mechanic (best to get in early as he's got a queue!)
6) every single week live music starting about 11:30
7) starting this sunday (6th): to go with the much loved bread by bike there's sourdough bread from Hackney's E5 bakehouse (it's amazing!) sold alongside this last season's olive oil - 4 varieties from a single producer in Calabria.
8) crafts: we have taken on a few craft stalls which are related to food, produce & the natural world, including Alan Briggs & his bughouses, and hand-made lunch/sandwich bags, and (soon) local pottery.
9) there are at least 4 hot food options each week; and we're planning for more as the weather warms.
Please do come if you like - and all feedback is really welcome and helpful! You can always PM me or send a message through the website, or just comment below.
Thank you everyone!