Visitors Parking Permits

edited February 2008 in Local discussion
What's the closest office to get these for the Haringey side?

Comments

• edited 12:56PM
    crouch end town hall

but they are a bit useless
    Cheers Geoff, useless in what way? I should allow an extra year in the queue or they give me the wrong ones?
  • LizLiz
    edited 12:56PM
    I've ordered them by post - they've actually been quite efficient. You can download the form to fill in on the website and then just send them a copy of your council tax bill. <http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/environment_and_transport/parking/parking_permits_all/parkingpermits.htm#attached_files>;
    quick enough for this weekend you think, Liz?
  • LizLiz
    edited 12:56PM
    Probably not! I can lend you some if you need, though....
    Ah Liz, the Florence Nightingale of Parking Vouchers.

@David - queues. There is normally one person in front of you in the queue, trying to sort his leaking, crusty council flat out and the council aren't really listening or caring.

And then you get to the front of the queue, and they tell you that they can't take your money because their manager is at lunch and the manager is the only person that can take your money (not even cash, a cheque).

Then they tell you to come back at 2.30pm.

You tell them you have a job to do (if you do) and that you have a life to carry on with.

Then hilarity ensues.

You then fill in a complaints form, saying that the manager is now back from his lunch break but still can't take your money even though he is sitting in a room where you can see him doing nothing.

Then ten days later you get a letter from Haringey complaints response department, apologising for the poor service.

Nothing then happens.

Until you go back to try and get some more parking vouchers...

Repeat ad nauseum.
    ok, so while its the closest I may be better going up to Wood Green where its actually pretty efficient... Thanks Liz, if I get stuck i may just come calling...
    The post thing works pretty well too in my experience, but I'd prob allow a week. Wood Green office is the way forward if you want them quickly though, I agree.
    If its fin fin Park zone, we've got more visitor permit tickets than yo can shake a stick at, which you're welcome to. I seem to remember thinking I'd rather pay for a gazillion of the buggers than go to the Civic Centre in Wood Green ever again.
    Mind you, I forgot - you don't like the Smiths do you?
  • edited February 2008
    _"don't like the Smiths"_ hardly conveys my unadulterated hatred for that fop twat and his student brand of shit. I'm surprised you forgot, I've been trying to get this opinion into everything I say for the last week or so.
    @David "Itch my name on your arm with a fountain pen"
    that model is to scale. his head really is that big.
  • edited October 2008
    Last minute help needed, please! Does anybody have any Islington HE parking vouchers I can borrow? I'll pay you back with those I've just ordered from the Islingtin Council website. As usual I've left it very last minute! Thanks edit: its ok. got some from the neighbours opposite.
  • edited July 2011
    Anyone got a couple of Haringey Finsbury Park vouchers one hours and two hours they can lend me? Will repay as soon as mine come through. For Florence, Victoria road etc Please whisper if you can help
    I think we have managed to stave off disaster so thanks to all who offered