Room to rent

2»

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited 11:35AM
    @ matt. I loved Toffypops as a child, but have upgraded to Millionaire's Shortbread as an adult. M&S variety is particularly nice...
  • edited 11:35AM
    I'm not familiar with Quadratini, but that packet looks similar to to that of some German wafer biscuits I bought in Sainsbury's the other week (henceforth known as the 'Biscuits of Doom', so eminently scoffable are they).
    i think i've worked out why we've never really got many classified ads on the site....
    don't know if anyone's interested but I've got a bag of lemon quadratini for sale. £5 ono...
    it's a professional career.
    Kimberley, Mikado and coconut creams, I used to know a song about those and its really bothering me that i cant remeber it, anyone??
    Liz: Can't do shortbread at all, but would sell my soul for some good ginger bread. As witnessed in another thread a while back.
  • LizLiz
    Well, at least we agree on that! I love ginger bread, and ginger cake. Mmmm. Did you ever find another ginger bread supplier after your King's shame?
    Sadly I'm buying the stuff from supermarkets - Sainsbury's. The shame.
  • AliAli
    Why not make your own. My Mums recipe is really good and very easy !:

½ lb Plain Flour
    1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
    1 teaspoon bicarb soda
    1 egg
    3 oz sugar
    4 oz butter
    1 tablespoon syrup
    1 table spoon Treacle
    8 tablespoons water

Place flour, spices, Bof S., egg, sugar in large mixing bowl
    Melt butter, syrup, Treacle in pan over heat
    When melted (do not allow to boil) add 8 tablespoons of cold water
    Mix wel with dry ingredients
    Place in lined greased loaf tin 2x 1lb or 1 x 2lb Bake 190 oC oven for approx 1 hour or so
    Turn out after cooling for a while.
    Let cool and EAT !!

If anyone wants the best Passion Cake guaranteed to work recipe it can be provided
    I'll let you know how it goes. Work eases up this week!
    Ooh - thanks Ali - I'm going to give it a go today.

Is passion cake like carrot cake but with passion fruit?
  • AliAli
    Passion cake is a sort of a Carrot cake but it also has Bananas in it so is quite moist !

Delicious !