Chinese take aways

2»

Comments

• Yeah, I just looked it up. They've been on the radar since about 2017 and far from being something hole and corner, kept out of sight, Deliveroo and some chain restaurants are openly promoting them as a great advance in the catering industry. I agree about working conditions, health and safety etc, and who knows what the food hygeine is really like, but they are supposed to be inspected for hygeine and food standards. But then what are hygeine and working conditions really like in a windowless cellar behind the average High Street restaurant? Theres a 'Dark Kitchen' hub in Hornsey run by Deliveroo, by the way.

I think I'll stick to home cooking.
  • The industrial estate on Tottenham Lane has a Deliveroo kitchen, which pumps out everything from Beer&Burger to Deliveroo's own stuff that they pretend are from real restaurants. That said I don't doubt that Deliveroo brings a lot of business to restaurants.
  • Interesting. As said, I never used Deliveroo. What is "Deliveroo's own stuff that they pretend are from real restaurants"? Examples, please.
  • They have a bunch of fake restaurants to order from, that actually are just the dark kitchens. The names are usually very bland. I can't recall names offhand, but if you scroll through Deliveroo you'll find quite a few that don't show up on google maps except on industrial estates. Some real restaurants also trade under several different names to cater to different people.