Toaster Poster

edited March 2008 in Local discussion
Hello all, Just signed up so I could share this with you all, did anyone else see it?[Toaster poster, by the railway bridge, bottom of Stroud Green Road](http://www.woostercollective.com/2008/02/10-week/) you'll need to scroll down the page to see the pic...

Comments

• edited 8:46PM
    Hi Beek.

Do you know what it means or who does it?
    No and no I'm afraid! I've seen those little toasters everywhere, on escalator risers, lamp posts and the like for years, I was amazed to see a jumbo one on SGR. I didn't want it to go unmissed - like the Bruce Lee stencil which used to live on the wall just a little way up SGR, by the entrance to the Rail Depot... it dissapeared 5 or 6 years ago but was V cool while it lasted! Funnily enough, the poster I've flagged up was replaced last week with one from Haringey council - advertising their graffiti hotline!
    It's <a href="http://www.nellyduff.com/index.php/art/artists/the_toasters" target="qwerty">The Toasters</a>, innit?
    On a board on Mountview Road there's a little stencil which says 'If you're worried about being anxious, you're already anxious' I think it says that anyway - it's along those lines.
    I'm going to take the Toaster Poster picture to a print shop and make a toaster poster coaster.
    Then when I've got it I'm going to come on here bragging about it, and I'll be the toaster poster coaster boaster.
    Badum-tish
  • AliAli
    edited 8:46PM
    A bit Dr Seus
    Reminds of a wonderful moment in a documentary about Lee Scratch Perry. He was hanging/swinging off a big gate and had placed a toaster on top of one of its pillars. Interviewer: _"Lee, whats with the toaster?"_ Lee: _"I am not a boaster"_ Interviewer: _"Huh?"_ Lee: _"I am not a boaster, I am a postive toaster."_ Then he smiled like he'd just unravelled the mysteries of the Universe.