North London Makers' Market

Comments

• edited November 2021
    Looks like fun. But I do wonder... their ethos being "Femxle-founded + led"? Reeally? Am I even allowed to be offended by their apparent and bizarre reluctance to say "female"? Or should I be excluded? (Which therefore makes it not inclusive?)

https://n4makersmarket.co.uk/ethos
  • I wouldn’t worry about “femxle” (whatever it is), after all, they “deeply value intersectionality” (and no doubt a lot of other nouvelle arse-speak).
  • You can be offended by their efforts to be inclusive - but why would you?
  • To the organisers credit every stall was independent and selling totally unique items which seems to be a rarity nowadays.

It did however strike me as rather ironic that there was no lift to the first floor, imagine the debacle if a couple of burly misogynists were needed to lift someone up the stairs.
  • I heard the term "ablist" the other day and thought there must be gangs of disabled people going around verbally abusing able bodied people.

I thought that sounded jolly marvellous and even thought of some witty one liners that they could use against me but it turns out that it's a contronym and actually means you cannot be mean to disabled people, which is fair enough.