Postal problems

Is anyone else still struggling with delayed post? We're still missing lots of packages sent to us in Lorne Road in late November and December. Regular post seems to be better but not sure whether we'll ever see those parcels. Staff illness, yes, but Royal Mail's shareholders are getting massive payouts so... Disappointing.

Comments

• Yes. Corbyn Street here. Apparently there have been massive staff shortages due to Covid, and packages in particular are backed up at the sorting offices. We have jjust started getting some through from early-mid December.
  • I am a Lorne Roader and have the same issues, stuff ordered in early December not turned up and the parcel tracking not working. Try the tracker and you get this "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item". Pretty useless. They must have lost them all. I think Covid Tests might have higher priority
  • same in plimsoll road. early december parcel still not turned up - its perishable so probably a health hazard if it actually arrives
  • Same here - It was similar in the first lockdown, to give them their due, everything turned up eventually, but very very late..
  • Glad to hear some stuff is coming through. I am hoping not to have to resort to my last ditch plan of applying for a job in the sorting office so I can go hunting for wherever our parcels are stashed.
  • Yes! I went to the sorting office in Station Road a couple of days ago hoping someone might be willing to dig through the piles of parcels - not surprisingly they weren't, but they did assure me that the backlog was being cleared and parcels should arrive soon. Not so far ... I'm also Corbyn St, so Islington, but I gather that Catherine West MP for Haringey is pursuing them. There's an update on her website https://www.catherinewest.org.uk/
  • A lost parcel from the start of December has now turned up in Lorne Road
  • Update: Big drop of parcels to lots of addresses on MPC. Every parcel I've been waiting for has arrived. Hopefully the same elsewhere. Now to re-post those presents..
  • Nope. Still waiting for three pre-christmas parcels I know about, and who knows how many that I don't.
  • Still missing stuff from between xmas and New Year. I assume everyone else's delivery office is the one in Tuffnal Park too?
  • Amazingly everything arrived this morning, at several houses in Corbyn St! We're also the tufnell park sorting office. So it looks as if the backlog if slowly shifting - fingers crossed
  • We also had a decent batch in Lorne Road. Like Christmas come late. Not everything though.
  • The Postie on Lorne Road arrived a load of stuff and said they have now caught up with the backlog