Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

CHRISTMAS FAIR THIS SUNDAY

11th December, 10 - 4, Stroud Green School, Woodstock Rd N4 3EX
read online: https://us10.admin.mailchimp.com/reports/show?id=13356017

Hello everybody! Our long-awaited Christmas fair is almost here!

Please come along, bring friends and family, hang around for as long as you wish: if the sky is bright it will reflect our moods; if the day is dark it will serve to make every tot of hot drink more welcome and every carol more joyous.

There are masses of stalls - at least it seems so to us - more than ever. Two of these are workshops, one especially aimed at children and one for all ages. New craftspeople will be selling their delightful work, some of whom I’ve never met before but whose creations more than merit a place in the market limelight.

Returning traders include fish (now a weekly fixture), mushroom pate, Luke’s Cider & Jazzy Jacob's beer stall.
There is sad news about the Ska Ukulele Orchestra who can’t come after all because of illness. There’ll still be music , though, thanks to the players of the brilliant London Metropolitan Brass band. Their set begins at half past two and will keep us all singing, sipping and shopping for at least an hour after our regular closing time.

I hope you will all come, from near and far, to celebrate the season! Until then, Ed

Comments

• Ned, I dont think your mail chimp link is doing what you expect it to?
  • @Ali hmm no maybe not. I'm flattered that somebody tried it though!
  • I do think what you have done with the Sunday Market is excellent, it has a really nice balance of stalls and is getting lots of folks out and about on a Sunday morning. I really enjoy a Steak and Stilton pie for Sunday lunch !
  • oh thanks ali. It was very odd when the pie stall left last year - and amazing when they reappeared! things always come and go with the market and sometimes we seem to take steps back; but thanks to you all it's still steadily growing I think, both in terms of customers and the number of traders. All very jolly, especially at this time of year...