Arsenal's season

edited April 2008 in General chat
Robbed again. Incorrect offside and penalty decisions have wrecked our season. Far too many decisions against the Arsenal. I know you make your own luck in football but this is getting ridiculous. An ounce of consistency in this quarter final and either we'd also have had a penalty in the first leg or that was just Babel falling over. Pah. On a side note, how do commentators qualify for their jobs? As their fourth goes in _"the penalty decision doesn't matter now"_ right, except that's the only reason Arsenal were so far up the field, or _"Torres, he's unstoppable!"_ right, except for the other 300 minutes played this season against us where he did nothing. So about 80% of the time quite stoppable in fact. And on the plus, Theo the Foetus is getting rather good. Hopefully next season we'll see him step up. Still realistically neither Liverpool or Arsenal would get past Chelsea anyway.

Comments

• edited 11:00PM
    Agree on the commentary - it jarred at the time as totally illogical. It compounded the penalty decision rather than made it irrelevant. And Chelsea are far more beatable than they ever were under Mourinho. There is a slapdashness to them. I can see Liverpool doing them more comfortably than they did Arsenal.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

this'll cheer you up
    @David, I feel your pain. But I'm not sure you're right about Chelsea.
    though this is my favourite (great commentary too)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    that isn't cheering me up. It's making me pine for him.
    Perhaps Chelsea won't do it, but I think Arsenal were better than Liverpool last night and with half of Chelsea's ruthlessness in front of goal we'd have slaughtered them. Colette did you notice Adebayor's strange little ritual at corners where he goes into the goal and sort of shakes the back netting? He did it every time, never noticed that before. Expect Clive on here later doing little excited wee's everytime his brave players score a goal.
    I know this is an N4 forum but you guys are as miopic as your favourite manager. Apart from Milan, Aresenal have looked lost in the last month and teh confidence is seriously lacking. And you should try supporting a mid-table Championship side if you want to experience misery.

However, I agree on the commentary. It's part of this 'Lvierpool, the Kop, the fans, they're *special*' view you get in English football. Whatever.
    There's mid table Championship misery _(ask Andy for what the next step down from there feels like)_ and there's crashing out of a major competition to a bad decision misery. Both are valid miseries. Arsenal have looked lost but they'd played their way back into that game and looked like going through. Nothing myopic about it. The Liverpool love-in is interchangeable with the Manchester United love-in, there really isn't much to differentiate about them.
    I long for the misery that comes with being mid-table in the Championship.

Mid table in League One feels like an inner circle of hell sometimes.