In the wrong job

edited April 2008 in Local discussion
Waiter at the Old Dairy. He can be ok but I've not been once where there hasn't been at least one or two stroppy moments. I can shrug it off when with mates but particularly annoying if you're taking your parents out for a nice meal. Last night we asked for some more butter to go with the bread and were told that was the amount that goes with it. We had to order more bread to get butter to cover the first lot of bread. So ridiculous we were laughing, and he eventually gave us some more butter for the second round of bread. He really needs a reality check. Or a slap.

Comments

• edited 11:09AM
    These people do have managers
  • edited April 2008
    Eat at the Noble instead? I took my parents there for Sunday lunch yesterday and they loved it.
    We were at the Noble before going to the Dairy, just didn't quite feel like what was on the menu so we went to the butter-challenged dairy instead. I mean come on, we just wanted some butter. The guy is obviously a bit mental.

I think it was a bit of an off night in general there. My dauphinoise potato turned up looking distinctly like 3 roast potatoes and for the single veggie option they'd run out of pasta and offered instead rice. At least he managed to tell us about the pasta before we ordered it unlike the potatoes.
    Diabolical! How ironic too - considering it's called the bloody Dairy!

Think I'll stick to St John's in Archway, when I get the gastropub urge - hell it's only a crazee 210 ride away, and the food and service has never been anything less than superb.
    Also, running out of pasta is just nuts! What with tesco/woody's/the little supermarket just across the road. Still, meant I had salad instead so I could feel virtuous, even with the wine/cider/baileys/singstar combination.
    i took over the dairy in april... alot has changed, no stroppy waiters and a brand new chef has just joined us... a new dairy so-to-speak