Exciting new food discovery

2»

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Okee dokee.

I know someone who also doesn't like pickles in any shape or form, unless of course they have some sort of ethnicity or any foreign attachment at all.

Eg pickled onions = bad, pickled cabbage = bad, olives = bring them on, mango chutney = yes please, tomato chutney = no thank you.

Were she to be served Branston smooth (mmmm) in a Vietnamese restaurant labelled 'bran pla' I have no doubt she would lap it up.
  • edited 7:05PM
    Branston smooth? what madness is this?
    Can Branston pickle go off? I had some in a toastie the other day, and it tasted odd. Maybe it's just me. I'm a really faddy eater. If I like something, I'll have it every day for 3 months. Then I can't so much as look at it for the next 2 years.

Last year I went through a tomato soup phase. Now even the thought of it makes me sick.
    Anything can go off I guess, bacteria live anywhere, nearly, but the pickle should be okay, after all, that's the idea. I used to work on the line that processed the frozen bits of veg to make branston pickle - it wasn't my favourite. Branston smooth is a sort of HP alternative - I've never tried it, but I often wonder whether it's just the sauce aspect of the pickle, or has the mushed up veg in there too - I shall investigate.
    I agree with Colette. What fresh lunacy is Branston Smooth?

Branston doesn't have a sell-by, it has a half life. People use it for carbon dating.
    Branston (chunky, not the shuddersome-sounding smooth version), fennel, celery, avocado: all lovely.

Peanut butter: evil
    We could set up a Branston Smooth Exclusion Zone, like those towns in the eighties that declared themselves 'nuclear free'.