Venezia

Comments

• edited 8:16PM
    how can they afford to open another branch, when they never have any customers?
    i love venezia!!!
    best pizza in town, and thin crust so feels kinda healhty and really fresh ingredients, yum yum
  • LizLiz
    edited 8:16PM
    Medi, is your caps lock broken?
  • edited March 2010
    Why do you love it medi? Apart from the fact your name is on the lease? If what entrepreneurs need more than anything is perseverance, we'll all be working for medi one day. Where will the second branch be?
  • IanIan
    Perhaps they are opening it in the same place as the first branch?
    Is it called 'venezia'?
    Had pizzas (there was six of us) from Venezia last night, they were very good. Have had them a few times from Venezia and the quality has been consistently decent. Prices are made more reasonable by collecting them. Would usually go Porchetta, but the mystery refurb stopped that. Anyone seen how that's going? PS noticed that the welcome blackboard brilliant placed on the Venezia outside wall at knee height has Medi's name on it. Can't remember whether it was in capitals though.
    My comment is really about Porchetta but I don't want to pull that old "which pizza is best" thread back to life. I don't often have pizza but when I do it's a takeaway from Porchetta. When I get the pizza home the base is always wet and soggy. Is that just the way it's been made or has it, as a friend assured me, anything to do with the air getting into the box on the journey from la Porchetta to home?
    @tallboy - OBVIOUS SOLUTION = TRY VENEZIA!
    The base isn't not soggy if you eat in La Porchetta, so maybe it is the box. They do put quite a bit of topping on their pizzas and it's quite runny, proper Italian-style pizza, so that could be the case. The Venezia ones are crispier but don't necessarily always pass the pick it up and the topping slides off test Air in the box. That's an interesting theory.
    Is it not the steam from the pizza and topping being unable to escape, hence they have those thumb sized holes punched in the sides.
  • benben
    I am going to take the plunge tonight and get a delivery from Venezia. Medi, if you are reading this (which I'm guessing you are), it's your one chance to impress....
  • benben
    ... and although my palate might not be the most refined, I thought the pizzas were pretty good, and will definitely be ordering from them again.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    i always get takeaway from venezia. fiorentina, no egg but with extra chili and garlic. and i even eat in there occasionally
    SIMPLY THE BEST PIZZA IN LONDON(:
    Medi is like the Forrest Gump of Stroud Green-based pizza.
    Their pizzas are actually really good.
  • IanIan
    We had a Venezia pizza on Monday. It was really nice. Whatever Medi's approach to marketing we gave it a go and they are good.
    VENEZIA GOT FIVE STAR FOOD HYGING SCHEME STICKER FROM COUNCIL ON THE DOOR(:
    Ah Medi, finally sentiment turns in your favour - mainly thanks to your pizzas actually being pretty good, but still the messages come. One day they'll raise a statue to your perseverance, (hopefully with some words mis-spelt in capitals)
    Had a pizza there last night, actually quite good, and a much more relaxing place that those other ones. Usually pizza's make me all bloated, especially at 2am in the morning, when we went, but this one was alright. Quite impressed it stays open so late.
    Is it expensive? Their online menu seems to suggest it's about £12 for a 12 inch pizza. I want to try it out but not if it's that expensive.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Kreuzkav - the online menu is misleading. A standard 12 inch pizza is £9.50 for delivery, £8.50 to pickup (recommended). I think the £12 price is for the half meter.
    It's only about 50 p more than La Porchetta then if I pick one up. Might try that one evening. Thanks.
    I agree that they are the best in SG. Shame doesn't have a bigger place.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't think the £12 is for a half-metre, last time I ordered a half metre, it was closer towards £17-£18. I think their prices have gone up quite a lot since they opened, but that online menu doesn't make it clear how much a half metre is. They do have the best pizza's in SG by a mile though, but haven't been recently back because of the price.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.