Noise

IanIan
edited June 2008 in Local discussion
Anyone close to the very loud dance music that seems to be filling the night air?

Comments

• edited June 2008
    There's one that goes off kind of regularly near us on Florence (at a guess once every 2 months, moreorless). I can never quite work out if its on Albert, Lorne or Victoria. It kind of rides in through the back windows but front too so hard to say. Whoever gets on the decks just past midnight for an hour or so is usually far better than the drunk idiot nearer 3-4am. I've been known to be laying there in bed thinking _"Christ that's loud, grrrr, but hey that's a really catchy bass line."_ or, _"I wish they'd stop, but that's building really well."_ I never think that about that latters badly mixed cheesy euro gabba crap.
  • edited 6:09AM
    It's not Albert rd. We used to get a lot of noise from Karmenz until the very small hours of the morning, but that seems to have stopped, fingers crossed. Maybe complaining to the council over and over again actually works.
  • edited June 2008
    I think it may be a garden backing towards florence from victoria. The crowd noise sounds like a c.100-150 person garden party _(I dunno, def more than 50 but not a rave)_. Probably quite a good one for the invited, not so hot for the rest. If I ever get an invite, I'll know to leave before that closing DJ though.
  • IanIan
    edited 6:09AM
    My bugbear appears to be Chapter One
  • edited June 2008
    @ Ian - complain, and keep complaining. First to them (I've got the WLOM's number's on my mobile),and tell them you'll take it up with Islington council if it carries on. The owner of this flat before us successfully took Pizza P to court a while back. They were fined and told to tone it down.
  • IanIan
    edited June 2008
    Thanks KJ - I've gone straight to council after complaining last few weeks. I'm not even backing onto it so lord knows what it is like for those that do. Nip it in the bud I say. Although I may be helping to stop SGR becoming the new Upper Street.
    A couple years ago, we called the noise control people in the middle of the night. Our neighbours were having a very loud party at four in the morning, and we had to be up early the next day. We had to give them our address to file the complaint. An hour later our doorbell rang. It was the noise control guy. My husband had to get dressed and go downstairs to talk to this man at five in the morning. Needless to day, we got no sleep at all that night.
    That's what they kept telling me to do when I was complaining about Karmenz - it's so daft, you can't sleep, and then you *really* can't sleep because you have to wait for them to turn up to monitor the noise. I kind of get why they want to come round, but even so...
    yeah - they wanted to come upstairs into the flat to monitor the noise levels. by which point the party had died down anyway. but it certainly felt like we, the victims, had to suffer more invasion and inconvenience.