Automatic eBay auction end time reminders

edited June 2008 in General chat
Here's a little something I knocked up so I didn't miss a Swatch watch I was bidding for on eBay. Thought it might be useful to somebody else. google "ebay2ics" Use the form or the bookmarklet on the site to automatically set calendar reminders for auctions you are interested. Works with iCal, should also work with Outlook. ps: the watch was [this one](http://image.rakuten.co.jp/topnote/cabinet/swatch/sugb104_1.jpg), from 2004

Comments

• edited 2:44PM
    I never bid manually. Auction Stealer does the job just fine. Also, it keeps me from getting overly excited towards the end and bidding way more than I should have.
    I love the rush of manually, last minute bidding. It's one of my few vices.
    Me too. Though I voyeur the first few similar deals to get a good idea of whats realistic. You got some ebay API knowledge going on Matt? been toying with channelling some of that on a page here but just haven't had time...
  • edited June 2008
    I view "completed items" to gauge what the going rate is for whatever I'm bidding on. I don't use the eBay API for this, it' just some simple screen scraping.
    We once sold some junk from our gardenon ebay, that coincidentally was timed to finish an hour or so just after the champ league final that Liverpool won. It was great watching clearly hammered, very excited people offering hundreds of pounds to come and collect some rubbish that we couldn't work out how to take to the tip.
    lol @andy

I confess that i have occasionally sold twigs, bark and stones from the Parkland Walk on ebay *blush* (in various art /sculptures)

I think manual bidding is the best way to go if you really want something. With so many turning to auction stealer's, it has resulted in many auctions now ending before the auction has reached their highest price ( which can happen if a few people have used auction stealer's). It is driving me nuts with people contacting me 'upset to have lost out at the last second, when the thing has been on auction for a WEEK *screams*.