Street signs/maps

edited June 2008 in Local discussion
I am loving the new street signs that have gone up around the area. The one outside The Larrick seems to be something for the smokers to read whilst they're outside.

Comments

• edited 9:42AM
    Could you elaborate with a photo given that I don't go to the Larrick and I don't smoke?
    It looks like it was put up by the SGR Tourist Board. Quite strange really.
    There's also one by Holly Park on Crouch Hill and some nearer the station end, pretty much on every block. They're all around Islington, too. Surely people other than me have noticed them?

I'll get a photo when I think on.
    I noticed them also, we were driving past the Larrick and I said to my other half - can you believe it but there is a sign there like a tourist sign - look - its a silver tower with arrows to multiple areas of interest, like one you see on the Southbank saying - Waterloo Station - Royal Festival Hall - weird. I thought it was really funny, but also nice that we must have 'areas of interest' worth highlighting. That is the only one I have seen to date.

I guess they point out the Parkland Walk, the overground station, the tube, Fin Park, I cant think of anywhere else can you? Crouch End? Hanley Road Medical Centre? Bowling Alley?
  • edited June 2008
    Does it give the times of the arrival of the drug dealer who operates out of the bus stop on Hanley Road?

9:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm and 9:30pm, as if you didn't already know.
    9:30am ... that's an early start for a dealer.
    Hmmm... the signpost thing actually resembles a scaled down version of the "2001" obelisk when you are heading towards Crouch Hill from FP.

Maybe it is here to take us to the next dimension? Either that or the Parkland Walk...