Armed police on SGR this morning

edited June 2008 in Local discussion
Anyone know what was happening on or off SGR this morning? On my walk to the station there were two cops, one with an uzi-esque weapon, holding two or three guys on the corner of Ennis Road. They looked homeless so not sure what was up.

Comments

• edited 12:55AM
    Not sure. I saw them too, talking to the three "ravaged" looking people you often see asking for money along there in the morning. One of the armed men said into his radio "I'm with the three victims/witnesses now".
    Might it have been related to the helicopter that circled over our house for at least THREE hours last night?
  • IanIan
    edited 12:55AM
    Bit of action on Tollington park this evening as well. Heard "serious assault" and "we arrested one of them today" as I passed the group which had CID and a few uniforms. May be related.

This is like Neighbourhood watch without the phone tree. And the watching bit.
    Yeah, there were a couple of SOCOs chatting to some toms with previous, following the same MO I reckon. Eat your heart out Sun Hill.
  • IanIan
    Word. No doubt.

(I'm still in Wire talk after a three week intensive viewing of four series)
    The plain clothes squad was out and about on the "parkland walk" yesterday when I was out running. I've never seen more than community support pseudo-cops on there before. What is going on?
    @Ian - we're still working through Series 1. Absolutely brilliant. The Wire probably deserves its own thread.
  • IanIan
    @Andy - Season 4 is the best. Genius. Clever, brilliantly written, brave in its use of characters (as you will see ...), very good acting - and an interesting ensemble cast. It does need its own thread. I could bore about it for hours so should probably be contained somewhere to discuss.
    Am about to start on it once I've done the last series of Sopranos. Please, no revealing of plots at any point.
    hang on isn't the wire the only decent music magazine left? even if it is more up itself than even q manages?
  • IanIan
    @Colette - it's better than the Sopranos ...