Does anyone know where I can park a car without a permit in/near SG?

edited November 2008 in Local discussion
Hello, I have a friend staying with me from Monday to Thursday and need to find somewhere for him to park that doesn't require a permit. I have some visitors permits, but not enough to cover 4 days. Does anyone know where I can find unrestricted on-street parking in the area (or even slightly further out)? Thank you! Francesca

Comments

• IanIan
    edited 3:32PM
    Mount View Road is OK I think. Perhaps places closer than that but I would go that way.
  • edited 3:32PM
    Crouch End?

I don't think it's controlled on tosscat's road - tosscat can you confirm?

(Light the blue touch paper and stand well back....!)

We've got lots of two hour ones for Fin Fin Park zone if you're stuck.
    Bring it on, the more the merrier. Do bear in mind that local crims got wise to the rich pickings of people who can't be arsed to drag their belongings the miles back to where they live, and there has been such a spate of car crime that the Met have parked heavily monitored dummy vehicles to tempt the said crims (further clogging the parking I guess). Is it impossible for your friend to use public transport?
    I have 3 sheets of 4 vouchers for 2 hour visits (8 hours per sheet) if you're interested?
  • Thanks for the offers of vouchers everyone! He managed to find a spot somewhere off Ferme Park Road, so all is good.

tosscat, my friend is coming from Sheffield and bringing all his decorating gear (to do some work on my flat), so public transport isn't an option unfortunately. I have had loads of work done on my flat this year and everyone who comes to do something needs a permit - hence my lack of them despite buying the full allowance for the year!

Now I just hope it won't get nicked...