Westfield

edited December 2008 in Local discussion
Stopped in at Westfield as I was in West London. If your idea of the best place on Earth is Dubai, then you might like it. It was the most sterile and soulless place I've ever been in London. Its like an airport terminal designed by the Beckhams. Earnest, humourless, fluorescent and bling. It could be absolutely anywhere in the world. On the plus side, lots of the surfaces are shiny and it is near some tube stations.

Comments

• edited 5:10AM
    I liked the grass wall :-) But agree that overall very soulless. Also after all the talk about its size, I was surprised it wasn't larger.
  • edited December 2008
    It's dry, it's warm, you can't get run over my buses or taxis ... OK so you're only getting the high street shops, but at least they're all in one place.
    It's a big shopping centre ... plain and simple ... why would you expect to find humour or soul?
    I imagine that andy follows my line of thinking in that I would like to be able to see the attraction of somewhere that is a draw for so many people to it, but I can't.
    "Earnest, humourless, fluorescent and bling. It could be absolutely anywhere in the world. On the plus side, lots of the surfaces are shiny and it is near some tube stations"

Yes, but don't forget you can have savoury pancakes followed by sweet pancakes. Oh, wait - this isn't the Dudley's thread is it?
    unlike Dudleys however, I can't wait to go to Westfield.
    Sounds like the Cheryl Cole of shopping malls.
    You're saying Cheryl Cole is Dubai?

Does that make Girls Aloud the United Arab Emirates?
    Only if you include Javine and somone else.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm saying National Treasure Cheryl Cole is sterile, soulless, earnest, humourless, fluorescent and bling with lots of shiny surfaces and an attraction for many people I just can't see. More literal than an analogy come to think of it. She's probably near some tube stations right now.
    Westfield is a racist with a conviction for assault and is married to a gay footballer?
    Andy, expect a call from Cashley's lawyers anytime soon.
    sorry, allegedly gay footballer...
    Actually, saying "allegedly" doesn't stop you from being sued.
  • Who said anything about north london's least favourite son being gay? Sticking phones up his arse probably doesn't mean anything. alledgedly.

everyone sing along:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9cbx47QGA
    Apparently some people say football is homophobic. Don't know why anyone would say that. Bit sad what's happened to Cash in the public eye. In the 2002 World Cup, he was one of the players of the tournament. Doesn't seem to have too many fans these days.
    Trying to flog a book full of self pity at only getting £55k a week to play for your childhood club might have something to do with it. He's become the negative symbol of the bling and greed culture amongst players that's alienating the fans. It could have been any player really, even his shiny surfaced wife tried to tell him it wasn't a good idea.