Old Dairy mother (sic) and baby club

edited June 2009 in Local discussion
I'm going to give it a go next Wednesday. Lunch for a fiver, free refills of tea and coffee (feel like they may have missed a trick here), food demonstrations, special caged area for kiddies...

Ventured in last week, to find the front bit cleared away a bit to make room for...kiddie rubber matting, and no sign of anything else going on, but guess it's a step in the right direction. Assume dads are allowed in, despite the name. Anyone else up for it?

Comments

• edited 2:54AM
    I had to reread this many times to understand who would want to go to a Baby Sick club.
    I saw the sign outside the Dairy. It made me laugh and laugh. I love the fact my local pub is doing a mother and baby club. Even if it is tea and coffee, the fact it it's in the pub is quite funny.
    There's an offer at Dudleys where kids under 10 can eat for free, I know not many babies would be up for a lardylicious pancake, but for bigger ones, it's fab. Usually you have to venture to Crouch End or further afield for that kinda deal... By the way, what sort of food demonstrations were taking place at the Dairy? Were they aimed at the Mummies or the babies...?
    Hey guys,

just to let you know a bit about the Parents & Babies Club....its
    every week Tuesday to Thursday between 12-5pm. As a few of you guys have seen we have got matting down in the lounge with kids toys etc. We also have offers on food dishes, free refills on tea & coffee. Arts and crafts between 2-3pm everyday - with someone to entertain the kiddies. There will also be upcoming monthly food demonstrations from our resident chefs and other visitors to entertain the mums (and dads).
    Beek - where is Dudleys - free food for under-10s sounds too good to be true!
    Until you actually go there. I thought the food was horrible, and the atmosphere worse.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    We went. It's exactly like a chain pizza place, except with pancakes where you expect pizza bases. This is as disconcerting as it sounds.
  • AliAli
    edited 2:54AM
    Is it anything like the My Old Dutch Pancake House in Holborn ?
    When we walk past we play the "How many more members of staff than paying punters are there?" game. It's rarely less than zero.
    I really like Dudleys and its sad to see people being so nasty about it.

I go with my son and baby and sometimes friends. They do nice coffees and the milkshakes are amazing. They give toy packs for the kids too and we have lemon and sugar pancakes. Its my once a week treat.

It might be a bit expensive for some of the local families as a milkshake is £3 something , but I get a couple of glasses with it as its huge.

The guy who owns it is a young guy who opened one in Barnet which is really popular. So he did it all himself and it is named after his brother who died in a car crash in his teens.

He is often in there and is open to comments about what he could do to get more people in as custom is sporadic.

I would hate it to close as there is nothing really like it for families in the area and is one of the least shabbiest places around.

Plus the guy is working really hard to make it work, he is not a chair just a hard working young man - I think he is in his twenties!
    Plus, with some of the pancakes there's stuff UNDER the base!!!

On another note, is Venezia closing down? The last two times I thought I'd give them some business it was closed (lit but onlyu the owner inside and oven turned off).
    re Dudleys - if they allow children it it must be truly awful.
    Nandos is okay for kids.
    I took people to Dudleys for breakfast, it was nasty and I was embarrassed. Weird tough pancakes, cheap cheese, strange toppings, poor value, banging euro-house music. The lemon and sugar one may be alright, and I didn't try the coffee, but suggestions for the owner? How about paletable food? £7 on a dry pancake with tinned ingredients, or £7ish for the vegetarian fiesta at Petek - you decide.