Cats

2»

Comments

• edited 10:45AM
    @Colette - You may be right. We haven't been there in a while. But that was definitely the impression I got when the nice man didn't seem to understand the concept of not eating meat. Will give it another go at some point.
    I'd say do r_b, I think you went quite early on and they've got their ship far more in order since. Gotta be worth a try at least.
    After all that, I decided to get takeaway from Dotori tonight. I came in at 10:15. It was busy. Ordered some Japanese food (agedashi tofu and a selection of sushi and sashimi). The girl said it would be 30 minutes. Fine. I went home.

Came back half and hour later. The place was empty, except for one table. The girl apologised and said it would be another 10 minutes. I decided to sit and wait.

In the end, it took a whole hour. They were very polite about it, apologised and brought me tea while I waited. But an hour is still an hour. I'm not the most patient person at the best of times, much less when I'm hungry.

The food was fine, but by no means exceptional. The tofu wasn't nearly as good as at Hana. Too dry. The sashimi was fresh, and the portion was quite generous. It was good, but not great. The maki was fine, as well. Good value for money.

Maybe I just have bad luck with this place. Everyone else seems to like it. But an hour is too long of a wait for me. Hana usually delivers within 30 minutes, and is only slightly more expensive.
  • AliAli
    edited 10:45AM
    I notice that Chapter One is serving Thai food.
    Has anyone
  • AliAli
    edited 10:45AM
    tried it out ?
    Well, can't say you didn't try r_b.
    Will do soon, it's very close to me.
    @ David, r_b?
  • edited July 2009
    @tosscat - Christ, I'm getting worse (meant r_c. I must suffer from some kind of phonetic acronym disorder)
    although "rainbow barnage" sounds ace... like some kind of gay farm?
  • edited July 2009
    @ Colette - oh my god. How could i have posted that? Unaesthetic could well be write. There's nothing I like moor of an evening than sitting down to SG.org with a lovely glass of whine.

@ krs - surely a deep fried battered mars bar would have been more to his taste?