Parking Question!

edited August 2009 in Local discussion
If I have a permit for FP CPZ, can it be used in the FP A CPZ as well?

Comments

• edited 9:38PM
    You certainly can't use Vistor's Parking Vouchers in different zones. It's spelt out in condition one on the reverse. I assume it will be the same for permits.
    I was looking on the Haringey website and it has the map and the roads listed for each zone but dosn't seem to state the difference between FP and FP A. The only difference I can spot is the times - there are much longer restrictions in FP. I might try FP A and see what happens....
    Ah, I assumed you were talking about Islington. Haringey may be different.
    Do you know if FP A are issused as that i.e it says on the permit 'A'? sorry for all the questions but the CPZ rules confuse me beyond belief! Blythwood Road is listed on Haringey website but has parking signs for Islington, its a wonder anybody can park anywhere!
    If I were you, I would assume that you are going to be fined, unless you are completely certain of the rules. There are suddenly lots more parking wardens around in FP Haringey at the moment. They are obviously clamping down and/or revenue raising. It used to be better on the Haringey side than the Islington side but I fear no more - a shame really as it only penalises people who live here and their visitors when they make mistakes. They even ticketed a Homes for Haringey van - seems a bit pointless.
    Blythwood Road is *really* confusing, as it's partly in Islington and partly in Haringey. How's that for foresight? Clearly Haringey should declare war on Islington and occupy the disputed territory.

I'm pretty certain that the FP and FP A zones are distinct and permits for one can't be used in the other. I checked this out with the council re visitors' permits last year. I'm sure the same will apply to residents' permits.
    Thanks. How do the people in Blythwood Road know which council to pay tax to etc?! The Holly Park estate has Islington signs up but is at the end closest to MPV which is Haringey so I assumed the MPV end was the border and the entire length of Blythwood was in Islington. I suppose the confusion is good ground to argue any parking fines though!
  • edited August 2009
    Holly park is completely in Islington, and from where it has an entrance onto Blythwood road and west of there is in Islington, from the east of there going downhill onwards is in Haringey. MPV is all haringey and MVR is Islington from the junction of Crouch Hill and then 200m in it becomes haringey, not at a jucntion or anything - suppose unless someone has done a knock through or something since the boundary was set then each building is either in LBI or LBH though.
    A friend of mine who used to live in Video Court on Mount View Road said that residents were asked to which Borough they wanted to pay the poll tax (I think she chose Haringey). The borough boundary used to go right through the centre of the building.
    Wardens are indeed very active here in FP. Last Saturday (Arsenal at home match) they were seen to be ticketing residents cars. The reason for one ticket was that the windscreen wiper covered the date on the permit. How petty. Presumably they needed to increase their revenue when they couldn't find any Arsenal fans cars illegally parked.